• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not happy bunnies

karen354

Warren Veteran
Bertie and Fizz have the run of the kitchen on a night time, their favourite place is on the chairs underneath the table..
Yesterday I moved the table and chairs out of the kitchen into the conservatory.. Bertie has got himself in a right sulk :( Fizz is fine and very excited with the moving round of the furniture she's in the conservatory right now and has claimed her table and chairs back..

Do you think Bertie will learn to accept it ? He's lying on the kitchen floor now refusing to lie on the fleece blankets I've put down. He refused to eat his tea last night he was that annoyed with what I'd done, has eaten this morning though..

i think he should come to terms with it. just keep an eye on what hes eating and make sure that hes getting something inside him. Fingers crossed that he accepts the change quickly :)

Have you ever read the Anne Mcbride book? There is a little chapter in it on somebody who likes to move things around in the house every few months and her/his bunny had problems with that too.

She explains that rabbit love their habbits and that from their point of vieuw (being the ground) they adapt a bit slower to changes.
She advised this person to do the redecorating slower and move 1 piece of furniture at the time, so the bunnies can get used to change.

Can you give him a carboard box house (big box, 2 or 3 holes cut in the side)to hide in where the table was.....mine love hiding under chairs and in their box.

Back