• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so pleased with myself.x

kimd6200

Banned
ok so it might not be important to anyone else but i think i have successfully littertrained thumper.brought a cat litter tray n put it in the bottom half of his hutch n he used it straight away.hasnt weed or pooed anywhere else!!!:D so chuffed.never managed do owg like this before.now do i change it everyday or not?when its washed will the freshness smell put him off?xxxxxxxx

ok so it might not be important to anyone else but i think i have successfully littertrained thumper.brought a cat litter tray n put it in the bottom half of his hutch n he used it straight away.hasnt weed or pooed anywhere else!!!:D so chuffed.never managed do owg like this before.now do i change it everyday or not?when its washed will the freshness smell put him off?xxxxxxxx

well done, I normally change mine everyday, but leave a couple of poo's in just so they remember:D
Sallyx

congrats thats fab news. what type of cat litter do you use please as im thinking of training mine and also do you put a layer of hay on the top of the cat litter.
Well done again :)

When I was litter training mine I would clean out and refill the tray, but put a little wet, soiled bedding back in with some poos too, so they remember what they are supposed to be doing in there :lol: If you clean it too well while hes still learning then he might forget to go back there to do his business. Its so great when they take to it easily like that :D
Serz - if you use cat litter, make sure you only use non-clumping, wooden cat litter. Its 100% wood compressed into little pellets. It won't hurt them if they eat it, but other cat litters can block up their stomachs. I use a horse bedding called megazorb. Its like carefresh, but much cheaper in much larger quantities! Other people use newspaper, straw, hay, wooden cat litter, or various combinations. My two would eat the newspaper though and I found the cat litter much less absorbant than the megazorb. Hope that helps :)

Back