• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

150cm indoor cage?

bunny_scabbit

Warren Scout
hi, does anyone know if there is anywhere online to get an indoor cage that measures 150cm long? i have seen these but don't know where they are from. i have a feeling they are made by or are called select 150. any help would be appreciated. ta

thanks both of you. that is the select cage i have seen before. it's a bit pricey though. the 140 on zooplus is only £70, do you think it's worth paying so much more for the extra 10cm length, 14cm depth and 16cm height? i have a good sized medium bun and we are thinking of getting him a similar size companion. would the 140 be adequate?

I have the 140cm Ferplast one from Zooplus and think it's great. You can open the whole side panel up, which is what i do instead of opening the top doors for exit/entrance.

I'm sure that any extra space, even only 10cm more would be highly appreciated but whether it's worth the money I'm not sure :? £200 seems very dear.

No, I would go for the 140cm. Might be worth shopping around though there are a few different manufacturers making the 140cm style cages and they have doors in different places. Some have side openings so you could be two 3' (90cm) cages next to each other to get a 6' (180cm) cage for the same sort of price as the 140.

You could also look at dog crates, they are higher so you can add an extra level.

Or skip a cage altogether and have a nice run built to fit the space you have. You could use nice wood and make it look posh for indoors instead of the rough stuff used outside.

Or there are baby pens or wire runs would can be used seperately or to expend a smaller cage.

thanks again for the tips and advice. 2 x 3ft cages with end openings sounds a great idea. i'll have to get onto a search for them. buns will also have plenty of room as o/h has come round to the idea of making our unused dining room into a bunny room :D

If anyone wants 2 of these indoor cages where the sides can be put up and the cages put side by side. ARC have 2 I am happy to let go for a donation of £5 each. they are approximately 96 cm x 5 cm

They are in Twickenham.

Have you seen these? Evo has the Deluxe Chalet.

DSC00103.jpg

Back