• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing the bars

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Lilly has plenty of hay, wood and other things to chew but she enjoys nothing more than having a good chew on the bars, why is this?
xxx

With smaller furries like hamsters its usually associated with boredom, other than chewable toys, has she got anything else to do? Mine love fligging, climbing, digging and hiding in boxes.:D

hat chould be what it is, i keep having to go into the kitchen as ive started to cook afew bits for tonite, and so i can;t have her free range. moo is just sat asleep x

I have no idea but the baby rats do it and I dont have a clue what to do about it :shock: :lol: They have a million toys, loads of chew sticks and food and are out of their cage a lot :?

Bailey has just started chewing the bars too :? I think it might be because I feed about half of their pellets through the bars by hand, so hes chewing the bars to get my attention and ask for food. I just remove him if he starts doing it and distract him and I've also stopped feeding like this over the last few days, hopefully he'll stop doing it.

mine are bowl fed not hand fed but we give treats such as a bit of nana now and then through the bars so i wonder if thats why she is doing it..

Alvin chews his bars when ive just opened it all up for him..... not figured that one out yet :shock: :shock:

Back