• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT WARNING -Pets at Home Fennel Fold run

montyflossy

Alpha Buck
2 of my bunnies Boris and Lola have a p@h hutch run combi for bed time in the garage. The run is a fennel fold. This morning Boris had his head stuck through one of the wire squares on the run, he was totally limp and I thought he had died. He must have got stuck some time in the night we know he had been there a while as he had knawed the edge, trying to free himself. Boris was alive, my partner had to cut him free using wire cutters, god knows what would have happened if we didn't have any.
Boris is a chunky mini lop. I was ASSURED by p@h that this was fine and that the only bunny that should not be put in this run was a netherland dwarf.
Boris is in severe shock and we don't know if he will make it. The run is destroyed and I will be returning it to the store today and I will be leaving with new, suitable accomodation.

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS RUN. IT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR BIG BUNNIES AND SMALL BUNNIES CAN GET STUCK.

Vibes for Boris please :cry:
Apologies for the sate of this post just read it back and I sound like a robot, I'm in shock.

:shock: OMG what a shock for you and Boris :cry: :cry: poor boy he must of been so scared...

I hope he's going to be okay, has he eaten anything yet ?

Oh My thats awful!
I'm so sorry.
Sending tons of vibes for Boris, I hope he recovers.
Poor poor little man x x x

OMG thats terrible, thank god you got there in time!! Hope Boris is okay i bet his neck is really sore!

make sure you kick up a fuss, i would expect them to pay some sort of compensation too towards a vet bill too.

healing vibes for Boris coming his way!!

let us know how you get on!!!

gem

He was so hungry and thirsty. He has eaten but he was shaking when we got him out and now he is just sitting very still and keeps closing his eyes.

oh bless his heart!! how awful for you to find him like that! must have been so shocking.

give him some of his fave foods??? hopefully he will be ok.

lots of love to boris x

I have just spoken to the manager of p@h who at first was quite unhelpful. After expressing how upset and appalled I am she seemed to recognise the seriousness of this. I am returning the items this morning and filing a complaint for head office. She also said if Boris requires veterinary treatment they should be able to pay for that too.
Continuing vibes for Boris please :cry:

has he improved any?? has he calmed down or is he still shaky?? i take it he is still eating and drinking?? has he poo'd yet??

more loves to boris and healing vibes...

keep us updated on his wellbeing

good luck x x

How awful :shock: If he's in shock he needs to be kept warm, and he may need a vet for stasis if his guts have stopped - hope he recovers from his ordeal poor chap :(

Boris is in temporary housing in the garage with his girlfriend Lola. He has eaten and done a squidgy poo. He has also drunk some water. He has lots of hay and a very fluffy Lola sitting with him. Off to take back the hutch and run now.

Poor little man - I do hope he pulls through ok. If he's not too bad at travelling and P @ H have agreed to cover his vets bill it might be worth just popping him down for a check up. Rabbits can kick hard when scared and it might be worth checking there's no damage to his neck or back.

Back