• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
So hayley arrived and collected Scampi, its very quiet without him and i miss him so much already but i didnt want him to live alone so now he is going to live a great life with Frans foster Nancy! She was really nice even though my dog did nearly knock her over! lol!

:D
Hayley bought me (well the buns) a naturals selection pack...so hayley...the buns said thanks!
ive given them the naturals stuff before but neva the ginko stuff and pebbles went mad 4 it, so i think ive found her treat!

DSCF1657.jpg

"Now what could this be..."

DSCF1661.jpg

"Isnt it tasy dear?"

DSCF1664.jpg

"yummmmy"

My lot love the treats too Hayley, haven't taken any photos though. Nancy looked quite pleased with her new friend this morning, who is absolutely stunning by the way :love:

Sorry for not saying too much this morning by the way, it's been a really bad day tbh :cry:

My lot love the treats too Hayley, haven't taken any photos though. Nancy looked quite pleased with her new friend this morning, who is absolutely stunning by the way :love:

Sorry for not saying too much this morning by the way, it's been a really bad day tbh :cry:

must have been extra hard 4 u 2day, xxxxxx

isnt scampi pretty?xx

It has. Not only have I had to say goodbye to her but I've lost my boy, he's left a huge whole in my life :cry:

He is very pretty :love:

well they are all very welcome :D

No worries Fran on being quiet, I understand totally :D Hope you are all feeling ok now.

I have posted under rabbit card discussion on the state of play with bonding and will be looking for all the advice I can get for the next few weeks/months! lol :lol:

I'm sure you'll get all the bonding advice you need :) Forgot to say earlier but you may need to give her a bowl rather than a bottle to drink from, she doesn't seem to like bottles much :roll:

At the moment they both have bowls as a temporary measure in the pen. Its a puppy pen so not built for bunny bottles. I hav one that works with it but need 2 whilst they are in separate sides.

Have you had much experience with bonding ?
How are you going to bond your 5 buns ??
Will be great for them once bonded tho :D

I've bonded a girl into my male/female pair earlier this year. I also bonded Nancy with two boys successfully, it just went wrong when they got home & one bun got territorial.

I plan to have then in a smallish room for a few nights, probably the bathroom and then, when and if I think they're getting on ok together then move them outside to their shed. What I do during bonding is put them in a neutral space, put loads of distractions down e.g food, litter trays, boxes etc. and let them get on with it. Chasing's normal, it's if they lock onto each other and properly fight you need to seperate. You can normally tell when a fight's going to start though by what they're doing/how they're reacting to the other buns. I'm not an expert but I think this is the way most people do it.

Last edited:
awww yay ur online!! hows scampi? i miss him loads:( i went to cover him over earlier and then realsied he wasnt there. xxxx

LOL he tucked up nicely in the pen with Nancy (with divide at mo).. both doing well :D

Thanks for info Fran - will keep you updated as to progress when I put them together again. Initially I put them in the bathroom (boxes, plastic bottles etc food, water) but probs didnt give it long enough. Am concerned about Scampis 'bits' - think I can feel a little smthn there but gonna get advice from the vet tomoz hopefully. Know they need to determine dominance but think if he is amorous constantly then Nancy will get fed up. And dont want there to be bad feelign there longer term.

Really sorry again for your loss today, just read your post on it and its so sad. I still miss my Lady and Lassie (dogs I grew up with) after 4 years of them passing away and my tummy turns when I think of them, but I console myself that they had happy lives and I made their lives the best I could.

No problem, let me know how it goes. I'm guessing once he's been neutered he won't pester her so much & then she may not bite his bum ;)

Thank you, it hurts so much when you lose them even though you know they've had a good life :cry:

Back