• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding four house buns never getting anywhere

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
aaarghhhhh tearing my hair out!!! i never managed to bond them before halloween..i tried but weather wasnt dry enough and then it was too cold and it hit my asthma and iw as weeks with steroids etc.run up to halloween still asthma probs but easing up..decorate dhouse and ended up having major seizure on hard kitchen floor and covering myself with blod where id injured myself...
thought ok will do it but weather cold again...and had it plannned today then indoors but its been raining and cold and miserable..aarghhhh
i have no neutral rooms etc left..and they know my mums kitchen and bathroom...
i was using the concrete wheelchair ramp bottom outside our front door with pen panels up and they could wee and poop to their hearts content...but cant indoors and providing alitter tray is whats really aproblem. scratch that,...its bif whos realy the problem:lol: :lol: she doesnt want to share bertie with anyone even tho bertie and wilow bonded in the 8 hrs they were all together...bandit was well tolerated ecept by bif.and wilow was biten many times by bif..and all this set bertie off..now hes competing with bif for dominace and hes peeing and pooping everywhere and only occasionally in the tray:shock: :(

i canot go on like this its not fair on any of them and getting harder to exercise willow..bandit wont come out of his cage since the fireworks began...hes calming down alittle but osme let some off last night and he was shaking like aleaf. And they all live in my lounge.

i want to try the old travel cot method in the lounge but bertie n bif weed all over the floor of it when we let them have the padded floor for 2 weeks when they had tolive up here for the floring to be done.

even if i spray it with cleaner for cages..white vinegar and steam clean it..it wont be enough will it..shall i just go over it with this stuff and keep fingers crossed? without a litter pan it will be soaked in no time..i do have a brand new tray stil packaged..i dont know what to do..........only ever bonded 2 before:oops:

sorry to hear that your having problems with the bonding. I'm not much help I'm afraid as I had a failed 4 bun bonding attempt not long ago.

Wish you all the best with it though, there's loads of people on here with bonded groups who'll be able to advise you.

Nicola

I am by no means an expert. I have a bonded group of four and it was a nightmare doing it and I wouldn't do it again, BUT I haven't replied just to be negative, you'll be surprised to hear.

I was having the same problem as you, in that I'd run out of neutral places. There was only one place left and that was the car, so I did that and we had the most awful fight yet. In desperation (and while I was cleaning up my bleeding fingers) I put them in a place they'd been in before - not a 'usual' place, but still not entirely neutral, and SOMETHING was different and this was the magical place in which they bonded. I left them there for a week, which I hated as my buns are free range and it was awful seeing them stuck in a small corner of a room. By the end of the week it was getting a bit smelly too (obviously I did clean it out, but four rabbits in one corner of a room spraying each other and producing that terrible smell of fear overcomes all cleaning routines).

My point is - don't give up SOLELY because you are running out of neutral places - making a not-VERY-familiar place look and smell different CAN work, in my miniscule experience. But I also would recommend getting the moral support of somebody who is expert in these things - that is what I had and it made all the difference (thanks, Chloe....).

Back