• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More vibes for Nia this morning

capel

Warren Veteran
:(
Last night night when Rog was holding Nia she suddenly shot up his shoulder and took off like a rocket. He couln't hold her and she landed on the floor. I reckon that because she seemed to leap upwards from his shoulder the fall was over 6'. We checked her over and she seemed fine, though obviously shaken up. She was moving OK and ate some pellets. However we noticed that she couldn't seem to pick up a large peice of carrot(peace offering!) but when we chopped it up for her she ate it normally. This mornign she's not quite as lively and although she's eaten bits and pieces she's not herself and one of her eyes is running. We feel absolutely awful... we know it was a accident but still... Anyway we are taking her up to the vet this morning..just waiting for the receptionist to get the computer up so she can log in. She'll ring back in a minute.....

ohhh dear :(

ive had buns jump out of my arms before ...luckily never had injuries .

it makes you feel just awful though ...hope Nia is ok .:?

Angie

She has chipped both front teeth, but no vertical cracks or damage. Kevin(thank goodness he was on..the others are excellent as well but but it's nice to get the same vet!!) examined her bones/joints thoroughly and she's done no skeletal damage. Both eyes were runny this morning so he flushed the tear ducts and blood came out.:shock: He waited a few minutes and did it again and the saline was clear so he says that it was blood from last night which had clotted and blocked the tear ducts. He gave her a pain killer and she's to have 5 days of metacam drops from tomorrow. He weighed her while she was there and she's put on 10gms..not much but it's better than a 10gm loss. She doesn't seem to want to eat any hay today(nor last night which was understandable) so will she be ok with everything else instead for a day or two..she's eating greens, pellets and porridge and chopped carrots. Since coming home she's been a bit livelier so I expect the painkiller's kicked in. Ounce for ounce, this little bunny has cost me more than gold!! I always knew she was a precious wee thing:lol:

She has chipped both front teeth, but no vertical cracks or damage. Kevin(thank goodness he was on..the others are excellent as well but but it's nice to get the same vet!!) examined her bones/joints thoroughly and she's done no skeletal damage. Both eyes were runny this morning so he flushed the tear ducts and blood came out.:shock: He waited a few minutes and did it again and the saline was clear so he says that it was blood from last night which had clotted and blocked the tear ducts. He gave her a pain killer and she's to have 5 days of metacam drops from tomorrow. He weighed her while she was there and she's put on 10gms..not much but it's better than a 10gm loss. She doesn't seem to want to eat any hay today(nor last night which was understandable) so will she be ok with everything else instead for a day or two..she's eating greens, pellets and porridge and chopped carrots. Since coming home she's been a bit livelier so I expect the painkiller's kicked in. Ounce for ounce, this little bunny has cost me more than gold!! I always knew she was a precious wee thing:lol:

Bless her.... she is a silly sausage. Maybe she will now give up stunt rabbiting as a profession and take up cross stitich. Hug for you and nosey rubs for Nia :wave:

Awww poor thing. I had a bunny here who had been dropped a few weeks back and chippd both upper incisors, it was a few weeks old though as we could see about 6 weeks regrowth.

Those are the ones she's done and she can't seem to cope with hay at the moment.She's eating pellets and veg though. Is there a hay sustitute I can use till her teeth have "settled"? I'm worried that she might not have enough fibre. She is on SS pellets, and she seems to be able to cope with grass( Rog cuts some every couple of hours for her.

Could you cut the hay into shorter strands for her? The incisors are used to cut it into small pieces so she can grind with her molars so what she really needs is 'bite sized' strands.

Thanks Sooz:D . That's so obvious:lol: Guess my brain cell is a bit under par what with age and anxiety!!:lol: *shuffles off to find the scissors*

Its how I used to cut up incisorless Bobbys before realising he could actually manage just fine (super sized gob :rolleyes: ).

Wheres my post gone?:shock: I replied to this earlier?! How strange :? :lol:

Look like you are not the only one going mad ! :shock: :lol:

Awww poor Nia. She has been through so much. Hope she improves quickly;) .

Think G is * very * attached to her ! :love: :love: :love:

Back