• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going Well?

foxyfaerie

Mama Doe
So I've started bonding Lucifer & Nyx; there's been a few tussles; a lot of ignoring; and a bit of running away!

I was just wondering two things though: -
1) Lucifer (doe) is quite happy to lay down around Nyx (buck); this is good, yes?
2) Nyx likes shifting Lucifer and then laying where she's just been...why??

I'm no expert in bonding (have done it 3 times) but it's sounding positive, particularly with Lucifer happy to lie down near Nyx. Don't try to separate them now otherwise you'll be starting from square one again next time you put them together. Just keep a close eye on them and keep them in neutral territory until they will lie down next to each other and groom one another too.

We find that our buck Ant often gives Hoops a little nip to move her out of the way so that he can have the space she was in. It's just his "control" strategy in our opinion!

Good luck!

Sounds positive but keep a close eye, it's not impossible for them to have a sudden scrap even after being together for hours or even days. Don't worry though - if you keep calm that'll help them to relax.
Have they had something to eat together yet? That's a sociable activity for them to try together! Just make sure the bowl is a reasonable size so they can both get their noses in!

Yes - treats! :roll:

They do have a food dish with some veggies in; and some hay.

They're in the spare room with toys; food; water; litter tray & a baby gate to keep them in (a fabric one) and we've set up a little camera so we can watch them from our room.

They're still playing chase; Nyx is binkying like crazy and she's teasing him; waiting till he's almost beside her then running off!

Bless! We have a bunny cam too which we currently have in the garage watching our fosters Kanga and Roo. All sounding good at your end - look forward to seeing pics of the happy couple! x

Update!

Doing well; spent a long time play kiss chase; but we had a snuggle on the bed this morning (siggy pic); then my fiancé and I took them to his parents house this afternoon (1 hour journey each way) and they had a good snuggle in the carrier; then at the house too.

Back