• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

never getting away with cheap hay again!

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
i finally gave in and decided to sack the hay i get from tescos.... i cant get the pets @ home stuff online so i made an order with hay experts...

today less than a week later, two huge bags of meadow hay a 1.8kg bag of timothy hay and a selection pack all for the grand total of £22 arrived....

my room smells amazing (now i know what gooooood hay smells like) the timothy hay is pure green not the ususal brown stuff i get from pets@home

providing Alvin eats it all up ill not be going back to the cheaper stuff!!

and below is the picture which tells me Alvin agrees :lol: :lol: :lol:

P1010004.jpg

can i steal him :)

pleeeeease

lol ill leave my door unlocked tonite if your quick hes yours.... if not hes mines forever.... oh and dont tell Ste he would murder me... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

please let me keep the hay it smells soo good..... wunder what it tastes like :lol:

I buy the hay from Pets@Home and my boys seem to love it! Where did you get your new hay it looks scrummy lol

I buy the hay from Pets@Home and my boys seem to love it! Where did you get your new hay it looks scrummy lol

thats where i was getting mine with no complaints but this stuff is amazing (ashamed im excited by hay :oops: )..... its from the hay experts (my first shop and the speed was brilliant too) the timothy hay that comes in the 1.8kg pack looks nothing like the pets@home stuff its soooooo green.. he hasnt tried that yet tho hes currently eating the sample pack of brome hay which is alomst gone!!

Aww i am sure he will love the timothy hay!! I am gonna have to look into getting my bunnies different hay me thinks! I am not impressed with the hay i got at the moment from Pets@Home it's very dusty i lose half a bag in dust as my buns obviously cant have it lol. :roll:

Aww i am sure he will love the timothy hay!! I am gonna have to look into getting my bunnies different hay me thinks! I am not impressed with the hay i got at the moment from Pets@Home it's very dusty i lose half a bag in dust as my buns obviously cant have it lol. :roll:

if you think thats bad...... you should see the meadow hay from tescos.... Alvins had that for the 4 months ive had him.... only now i realise how awful it is!! im surprised he loves hay like he does... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bought the sample pack from the Hay experts and tested them to see how quickly they ate each sample. The results were in order of preference;

1) dried grass
2) oat hay
3) western timothy hay
4) field fresh meadow hay
5) brome hay
6) meadow hay
7) orchard grass

Do most buns have the same preferences, or does it all vary?

only tried the brome hay so far and its taken from 6pm till now to be eaten..... ill test the rest over the weekend :) hoping hes got cheapish tastes tho.... lolololol

I bought the sample pack from the Hay experts and tested them to see how quickly they ate each sample. The results were in order of preference;

1) dried grass
2) oat hay
3) western timothy hay
4) field fresh meadow hay
5) brome hay
6) meadow hay
7) orchard grass

Do most buns have the same preferences, or does it all vary?

Barney's fave from the sample pack was dried grass.:D

i finally gave in and decided to sack the hay i get from tescos.... i cant get the pets @ home stuff online so i made an order with hay experts...

today less than a week later, two huge bags of meadow hay a 1.8kg bag of timothy hay and a selection pack all for the grand total of £22 arrived....

my room smells amazing (now i know what gooooood hay smells like) the timothy hay is pure green not the ususal brown stuff i get from pets@home

providing Alvin eats it all up ill not be going back to the cheaper stuff!!

and below is the picture which tells me Alvin agrees :lol: :lol: :lol:

P1010004.jpg

He has got bear feet!:D GIANT bear feet!:rabbit2: :love:

He has got bear feet!:D GIANT bear feet!:rabbit2: :love:

and an attitude to match...... i think i love him more and more each day..... all these idiots who get bored of their buns within a month or two will never get to witness the change in personality as they grow to trust.... he has let me stroke him for over half hour tonite before he got bored and moved away :love: and hes been doing loads of flops too right after eating his posh hay...... i think im in his good books tonite :) :) :)

[QUOTE

[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Hi

My friend and I had a discussion once that if we were bunnies we would eat the Oxbow Timothy Hay as it looks and smells so nice and it's really green.:lol: :lol:

I buy a £3 bale from the local farm for litter tray hay and keep the expensive hay for the racks.

Alvin looks scrummy. :love:

[QUOTE

[/IMG]

Hi

My friend and I had a discussion once that if we were bunnies we would eat the Oxbow Timothy Hay as it looks and smells so nice and it's really green.:lol: :lol:

I buy a £3 bale from the local farm for litter tray hay and keep the expensive hay for the racks.

Alvin looks scrummy. :love:

im soooo relieved im not the only one who has thought about eating hay..... i agree if i was a bunny this is the stuff id want too :)

totally amazed... hes always been a good hay eater but ive never seen him like this.... he hasnt stopped all night!!

P1010008.jpg

awwwww!!! how dinky!!

luckiyl mine r mad hay eaters and we buy BIGGGG bales from the farm, and they r just £3 each and the last 4 buns (+ holiday boarders/give sum2 ym sister 4 her bunny) at LEAST 6 weeks,s umtimes 8! lol

sniffff i was wishing for a big bunny..... hes 6 months and only weighs in at 2.12kg.... i think hes gonna stay small

and theres a huge amount of golden poops alllll over the floor....lolololol

Back