• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfred, my new bunster!! U/D Pic added

Rice

Mama Doe
So some of you may have read my thread before about the male lop I was getting from a lady that was moving and couldn't take him with. The lady had five rabbits but can only take one with her to the aparment she is moving to. Anyway, I went to pick up the lop last night but she had decided to keep him instead of the one she had originally chosen to keep.

So I got Alfred instead! He was so dang cute that I didn't mind taking him instead, I was happy to take any of her adorable rabbits. He's a netherland dwarf, I'll post a pic when I can.

Now to my question... Alfred isn't neutered, but I have an appointment for him Monday. Should I wait to bond him and Piper until after he is neutered? I'm pretty sure thats what I'll do, but I just wanted to check with you much more experienced rabbit owners...

Sorry for the long post...

Rachel

Last edited:
I think I'd wait until after he's been neutered and recovered, it might be too stressful for him moving, having surgery then being bonded. I'd let him settle in first. Also if you bond them then take him to the vets he will smell like the vets when he comes back.

That must be awful having to choose which bunny to keep

I think I'd wait until after he's been neutered and recovered, it might be too stressful for him moving, having surgery then being bonded. I'd let him settle in first. Also if you bond them then take him to the vets he will smell like the vets when he comes back.

I agree!! I couldn't imagine how I'd make that choice!!:(

Oh I felt so bad for the lady! :cry: She obviously loves her rabbits sooo much but her landlord would only let her have one pet. She is actually hiding some of them in her aparment now because she didn't find suitable homes for all of them before she had to move. She's been looking for months too, she is just very particular about who she will give her buns to since she wants them all to have the best homes and not to go to a rescue.

Last edited:
Oh I felt so bad for the lady! :cry: She obviously loves her rabbits sooo much but her landlord would only let her have one pet. She is actually hiding some of them in her aparment now because she didn't find suitable homes for all of them before she had to move. She's been looking for months too, she is just very particular about who she will give her buns too since she wants them all to have the best homes and not to go to a rescue.

I can't imagine having to do something like that, I don't see why landlords are so funny about people having pets if they're kept clean and out of mischief then whats the problem. I hope she finds homes for the rest soon. Looking forward to seeing Alfred.

Ok so this is my new little man, Alfred! Does he look like a full grown Netherland Dwarf? The lady didn't know how old he was and I just wanted to know if he would get any bigger. He's already able to be neutered, and he's got an appointment on Monday.

GetAttachment-5.jpg

Sorry, its not a very good pic... :oops:

Back