• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures please of your bunny runs, I need help please...

Wuzzy

Warren Scout
I read about them but really it would be nice to see the runs and pics of your bunnies outside. I need something for mine and I want to do it correctly. I have a big back yard for him but really don't know what to do to keep him safe.

Here's Floss & Bournville's garden run. It's 8x4.
DSC01964.jpg

NEWRUN.jpg

Last edited:
My runs are attached to the sheds so the buns can go in and out as they please. I joiner made them for me I just gave him the specifications.

Runwithlidopen.jpg

BPshed3.jpg

And of course this one is part of the hutch from Happy Hutch Company

EMhouse2.jpg

Rabswood

The one with the wendy house has a catflap so the buns can come and go as they please into the run. They also have an 8 by 8 feet grass run too
The hutch with run attached - the run is about 7 feet by 4 feet (thats including the bit under the hutch)

29-09-07_1747Small.jpg

mosehouseSmall-1.jpg

I got no pics at the mo but i have one similar to lionheadluver's only mine is 8x8ft but my bunnies are indoors mainly so they run about the house!!

Alvin doesnt have a run.... weve only got a yard as the front of the house is too open.... its bigger than some of the runs out there on sale tho so im not worried about its size

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010012.jpg

a couple of today vids :)

Only 2 lion heads. :lol:
I'm scared of bonding so I can't get anymore. I would love to though. These 2 were a couple of strays that my son found.

my my what lucky buns to have such a huge home.... one day ill build a mansion like that (when i got a big house, big garden)
but im gonna fill it with a chipmunk colony and fill my house with rabbits..... comeon lottery numbers!!

WOW! Thanks everyone!!!
Question, the runs without concrete floors, do your bunnies try to dig out?
The ones that don't have houses attached and have a carrier in the do you have just a small cage or something the buns live in at night?

WOW! Thanks everyone!!!
The ones that don't have houses attached and have a carrier in the do you have just a small cage or something the buns live in at night?

Mine dig out, so they have 24/7 access to their Happy Hutch and run on concrete and for a grass run they have the metal pws run on the grass, they seem to not dig out of that as there's no hard barrier for them to dig under, but the downside is that they need supervising as it's not safe to leave them.

It seems there are some buns that dig, and some buns that don't!
It is usually (but not always) the females that do the digging. They dig the warrens in the wild, the male buns only dig a small scrape on the surface to lie in and watch the ladies doing all the hard work!!
Luckily my two are non-diggers, so I can happily leave them all day safe in the knowledge they will still be there!
If you have a digger, patio slabs come in very handy!

This is my bun's summer palace. The 10'x4' run now has a stronger top to it, and there is a catflap between the hutch and run (and also to the house now)

DSCN0679.jpg

They are currently living free range in my dining room.

Back