• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piggie question

susiemae

Mama Doe
Should I be letting my piggies out in their run when the weather is this cold? I have kept them in their hutch which is in the shed the last two days with their snugglesafe and then they come indoors for some company and cuddles when Im back from work. Im not an experience piggie keeper but know they dont deal with cold very well.

I've been letting my indoor piggies out for about 20 mins a day, like you I'm not sure if thats okay or not :? I put a box in full of hay so if they want to keep warm they can..
I think with it getting colder though I'll have to stop because they are going from a warm house to very cold outdoors..
I'm sure someone else will come along and let us know soon.
karen x

I still let my outdoor pigs out in the run for a short time when it is warm and reasonably dry. I wouldn't bring them in though if I were you because thats going to be a big change in temperature for them - unless you keep your house very cold!!
My indoor pigs won't be going outside anymore till the spring as its just too much of a change - they have exercise indoors :D

I still let my outdoor pigs out in the run for a short time when it is warm and reasonably dry. I wouldn't bring them in though if I were you because thats going to be a big change in temperature for them - unless you keep your house very cold!!
My indoor pigs won't be going outside anymore till the spring as its just too much of a change - they have exercise indoors :D

:wave: I do worry about the temperature change and with the bunnies too as they love to come in the house and chew something they shouldnt!. Im just worried about the lack of human attention for the guinea pigs if they dont come in the house at some point.

Back