• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this run setup ok?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I have two 18-week old rexes. I put them out into their 5ft x 5ft x 2ft run every day, for 8 hours. Is this good or bad? I put vetbed on top of their house/box, because they love to sit up there and if it's chilly, the vetbed will help to keep them warm. Is this a good idea? The grass underfoot is quite bad. I put about 3-4 handfuls of hay down every day and they eat all that in the 8 hours, they eat less grass now than in the summer. Is this ok? They have a box to sit in, a house/box for them to use for shelter and a water bottle too. Is this all ok? They go out even when it's raining. It has a modified roof over two thirds of the roof now, so there is only one third open to rain, so they can easily choose to sit out in the rain so stay undercover. Is this good?

thumper has axcess to his run 24/7 but its in a shed.i put him on the grass in a seperate run if its a warmish day.doesnt seem botheredw with the bad weather.x

Sounds ok to me,mine have access all day via playhouse and just finished flagging the run cos the grass turned to mud:lol:

Back