• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A sad story of abuse . .

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
This is Mozart . .

SafeRedirect.jpg

He was brought into Briar Patch Rescue last week by his owner. Both she and the rabbit were being abused by her husband and she wanted to get the rabbit out before he got really hurt :( (Let's hope she does the same for herself :cry: )
Unfortunately for Mozart it was already too late - x-rays revealed TWO breaks to his femur that probably resulted from being kicked :evil:
He has been operated on and the leg has been pinned, but only time will tell if it will hold. If not he may end up with an amputation :(

SafeRedirect-1.jpg

Mozart's treatment could easily run into hundreds of pounds . . and that's even before neutering and vaccinations can be done in preparation for rehoming. This will obviously put a huge dent in the finances of Briar Patch, who are run entirely on donations.
If you would like to sponser Mozart during his recouperation (or any of the other Briar Patch Bunnies!) or you would like to give a donation you can do so by following the Paypal link on the website;
http://www.briarpatchrescue.org.uk/help.php
. . cheques also welcome of course :D
We are also working on fund raising ideas so keep your eyes peeled for those in the near future . . :D

This can be reported surely????

Yes. But to bring a prosecution you'd have to *proove* that it was the partner that inflicted the injuries. Sadly I doubt that would happen as it'd be her word against his
If she has reported *her* injuries to the Police (which often never happens) that *might* add so weight to a report to the RSPCA. But I still doubt a prosecution would go ahead

:cry: :cry:

Janex

oh poor thing, hes beautiful. ill put some stuff on ebay and put 100% of the money into his recovery. this has really touched me poor little thing :(

oh poor thing, hes beautiful. ill put some stuff on ebay and put 100% of the money into his recovery. this has really touched me poor little thing :(

Me as well, it really choked me up. My daughter insisted on putting £2 of her birthday money in as well as what I put in bless her
Sallyx

What a sad story. It makes me so sad to hear of all the cruelty to animals. I would love to help out. My sister and I make dolls that look and feel like real babies. We do these and raffle them for charity. They take a long time to make so it would be about January until it was ready. Here are pics of similar dolls.
199432121.jpg

196936297.jpg

These are one of a kind dolls and we usually sell quite a few tickets. Would this be any help to you to help out with Mozart?

Well....im a big dvd collector, i have over 200 dvds and boxsets. I have never sold a single dvd from my collection. but im going to now!

What a sad story. It makes me so sad to hear of all the cruelty to animals. I would love to help out. My sister and I make dolls that look and feel like real babies. We do these and raffle them for charity. They take a long time to make so it would be about January until it was ready. Here are pics of similar dolls.
199432121.jpg

196936297.jpg

These are one of a kind dolls and we usually sell quite a few tickets. Would this be any help to you to help out with Mozart?

Wow they are amazing
Sallyx

Back