• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

dudley has gone

mimi75

Alpha Buck
dudley my beautiful british giant lost his battle yesterday,iam absolutely devastated.i had to take him back to the vets on monday as i was concerned that his tummy sounded gassy again.it was FH-B's day off but she came in as soon as she heard that dudley had been re-admited and operated on him that morning.she discovered that he had a sore under his tongue that had possibly been the origianal cause for the bloat,but,she also found he had an enlarged heart which was causing circulation problems and lack of oxygen to his lungs.this may explain why he was on the small side for his breed.she discovered scarring on his liver from a parasite he must have had when he was a baby.she felt we could treat him for his heart condition to give him a better quality of life for the time he had left.we were due to pick him up last night at 5.10pm as he had improved slightly,but when we arrived Francis said that he had suddenly deteriorated in the last hour.we had no option but to let him go.he went very peacefully in my arms,he was obviously very tired.i miss my big boy so much,he was only 2 1/2yrs old.he was a very special,beautifull,happy and loving fellow.we made the decision to leave him with francis,she asked if she could investigate further to truly understand just what was going on,and i felt that if she can help another bunny through the loss of dudley then some good can come out of my grief.
Francis Harcourt-Brown has been truly amazing throughout,she tried her absolute best to help him and for that i am very grateful.xx

I'm really really sorry to hear of poor Dudley. But at least everyone did all they could, he couldn't have wished for any more love! :cry:

Back