• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe advice!!

Should I get a snuggle safe?

• Yes, They are brill, my bunnies love them

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • never had a prob, buns rarely use it

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • my buns dont go near it but it warms the hutch

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • no, they are a waste of time

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No!!! They are dangerous!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Well, You all know Theo and Cleo are coming home. I want to get them a microwaveable snuggle safe now the frost is setting in.

Anyone got any bad experiences with these? Are they worth getting? Do the buns use them???

I only used mine when meggie had her spay but she liked to snuggle on it after she'd moved it to EXACTLY where she wanted it, wherever I put it just wasn't good enough!! :lol: :roll:

actually im glad u posted it,h ope u dnt mind i add a little question! i spoke 2 my mum about getting one bcus eveyr morning my buns ears are like ice they r so cold. even thought the hutch is japacked with hay and straw and they r covered each night. But she said 'well if its one of those microwave things they wont stay hot that long'...how long do they keep bunnies warm??

where is the cheapest place 2 get them as i need two

(and do they have to be 'snuggle safe' or are there other makes that r cheaper that do the same job?)

actually im glad u posted it,h ope u dnt mind i add a little question! i spoke 2 my mum about getting one bcus eveyr morning my buns ears are like ice they r so cold. even thought the hutch is japacked with hay and straw and they r covered each night. But she said 'well if its one of those microwave things they wont stay hot that long'...how long do they keep bunnies warm??

where is the cheapest place 2 get them as i need two

(and do they have to be 'snuggle safe' or are there other makes that r cheaper that do the same job?)

Ive have one for my buns and one for my piggies. They have special stuff inside which cools downs over about a 12hour period I think, so they stay warm for most of the night. When they are first heated they are very hot so make sure you use the cover they come with or wrap them in an old towel.

I think P@H sell them for £18.99

I only use them after spays/neuters or a poorly bun. My piggies have them in their shed though :D My buns have lots of hay for bedding so are all nice and toasty warm. :D

they get alot of hay and straw and they have ahutch covers etc, plus none are single so they have each other to cuddle up to!

i wouldnt class them as essential atall.
they are handy and useful to have.
i think its more me worrying that they gunna get cold that i use them.
i think aslong as the hutches are packed with straw/hay and are nice and snuggly they will be fine. afterall wild bunnies dont have them and they are nice and snug in burrows. maybe pack a cardboard box and stuff that with straw to put in sleeping compartment. there are loads of ways and much cheaper to keep them snug :D

Although Floss & Bourniville didn't seem to bother with theirs, little Nia being a solitary bunster definitely sat on it during the 2 frosty nights she was in the hutch, so I voted Yes. I'm not sure that they are necessary if you've a bonded pair or a group though, as they hudle together and keep each other warm.

I personally only have one for emergencies for ill animals.
I have always kept buns outdoors and just give them heaps of straw and cover the hutches with a carpet cut off and a waterproof car sheet thing.
Even Vinnie who was elderly(but in general good health) was fine outside last winter with his girlfriend to snuggle and plenty of straw to burrow into :D

I personally only have one for emergencies for ill animals.
I have always kept buns outdoors and just give them heaps of straw and cover the hutches with a carpet cut off and a waterproof car sheet thing.
Even Vinnie who was elderly(but in general good health) was fine outside last winter with his girlfriend to snuggle and plenty of straw to burrow into :D

Snap totally agree, to me they are a luxury item not a necessity. Extra bedding and a dry secure hutch is a necessity and a lot cheaper ;)

Hot water bottles cool down pretty quickly whereas the snugglesafe stays warm for about 8 hours.

Back