• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with 3 bonded buns....

I have a three :D I did find that Thomas was left out a bit but things are getting better and mostly they are snuggled together :D

I found it quite a long process bonding another one into my twosome, I think that was down to Furby(female) being a little madam! The two boys got on from day one with no aggression or anything..
I don't regret Thomas joining my two he needed a home desperately and this was the only way I could do it..

Thanks Karen, all 3 of mine were singles and have recently just been bonded.
Fae, the youngest seems to be the one left out, although she never snuggles properly with the other two and she's always putting her head down to be groomed bless her!

Hopefully they'll become a close bonded group......:D

My trio are fine, although Kyhber tends to be picked on when i'm not giving them there food quick enough! Other than that they all snuggle and wash each other.

Mine are hardly ever snuggled together, all three of them I mean. I often see Penny with Snoopy, or Luna with Penny, or Luna with Snoopy. Quite often they also sit in 3 separate corners. Snoopy can get a bit grumpy when he's hungry. They did not accept a 4th bunny, when I tried to add her.

My three have always been together as they are mum and 2 daughters from separate litters, but the youngest one was spayed later than the other two.

After the first two were spayed the youngest (who started trying to hump them as she got older) got picked on quite a bit, and in the end I had to spay her sooner than I wanted to as her sister injured her :(
After her spay she was desperate to be accepted back in the group, and she only got back in my accepting she was the bottom in the pecking order.

Since then they have been back to the rescue as we tried to bond a boy into their group, so they were at the rescue for 5 days. That didn't work but the changes of environment and the car rides in the carrier have had a good effect as they are all a happy group again, and the fur pulling and chasing has stopped.
Most of the time they are all piled together in a heap:D

If you've got one being picked on why not try taking them out of their environment (comfort zone) for a few days, as hopefully they will lean to each other for comfort?

I have just bonded a neutered male to my elderly male/female pair. At first the newcomer was shunned, but now all three are often together. There is definitely more activity and less grooming now tho'.

Amy

i am constantly worrying about one of my three (brothers) getting left out. At first i though the smallest, Pippin was off on his own all the time, then I thought Merry was excluded because he's so shy and doesnt go off exploring like the others. The last time I had them indoors though Merry and Pip were running round together and I'm now worrying about Frodo!

I have come to the conclusion that I am rubbish at understanding them. I did think Fro was the boss cos he was the biggest and Merry was really timid, but then i saw merry humping fro :shock: :shock: They often snuggle up together or in pairs and they all seem happy.

I guess you just have to keep an eye on them and check they stay happy. It's sooooo tempting to get a fourth, but then it might disturb the balance.

My trio are really happy together!! :D I thought that with Millie and Lillie being sister that Abbi would be left out (she's like twice the size and looks TOTALLY different!) but whenever I look outside they're always snuggled together in the run, and constantly grooming each other, all very happy bunnies :D :D

Back