• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb - maybe bunnybasics...

toffee

Mama Doe
or someone who's ordered megazorb from bunnybasics can help...

How big is the bag?

I'm just wondering about practicalties of delivery?

Any help appreciated. :D

It's 85 litres but that doesn't really help with sizing. I ordered some a couple of days ago and have been wondering the same thing

I get mine from The Hay Experts... it's always brilliant service! :thumb:

I think it's well worth the money. It lasts me around three months (if not more) for one bun and one large litter tray.

Oh it's probably about 75cm high and 35 wide... or something like that!

It's huge. Big and quite bulky but not as heavy as it looks. I always get mine from Bunny Basics and never had a problem with delivery - and they have to go up steep steps to get to my house as the garage is underneath.

As long as you make a note of it when you order, they will leave it if you're not in - which I never am.

Rebec :)

It's a big old bag, but I've had it delivered straight into the shed. Do you want me to measure it??

I think I'll get it delivered to work then I can guarantee I'll be there!! I was just worried in case it was so big it wouldn't go in the car!! :roll: :roll: :lol:

I have ordered!! :D

I'm just trying different litter at the mo to cut down the stink!! I assume megazorb is good? A lot of you seem to use it.

I'm going to be trying a different set up with the buns to make it more cosy, hence ordering of litter and purple vetbed :roll: and hay racks. I hope they appreciate the expense!!:lol: :lol:

I haven't found megazorb as good as Yesterday's News for absorbing stink (in fact, I've not found anything as good!) - although it works out so much cheaper which is why I get it. I find it quite dusty too :(

It's great. I used to use Carefresh but they were in such little bags that I will never go back to that again. I've only used about a quarter and I've had it about two months. It may last up to a year:shock: :shock: .

It's great. I used to use Carefresh but they were in such little bags that I will never go back to that again. I've only used about a quarter and I've had it about two months. It may last up to a year:shock: :shock: .

I doubt it will last me a year!! :lol: I have 7 buns with 6 litter trays between them!! And i'm going to put a third litter tray in Wallace and Oliver's cage as Oliver finds it necessary to wee on the floor when there's another rabbit nearby!! :roll: :shock:

Good. The wee in the air DOES NOT help my boyfriend's asthma!!!! (At the mo they just have newspaper and hay)

Would a covered litter tray be any better? I used one earlier in the week when I had a rabbit post spey indoors and I have to admit that I didnt notice the smell.

Saying that some buns are smellier than others, sometimes it is due to what they eat, there is one pelleted food I know often which makes buns smellier.

Would a covered litter tray be any better? I used one earlier in the week when I had a rabbit post spey indoors and I have to admit that I didnt notice the smell.

Saying that some buns are smellier than others, sometimes it is due to what they eat, there is one pelleted food I know often which makes buns smellier.

Wallace and Oliver are just stinky!! It's Oli in particular, he has stinky wee!!!!:? :lol:

I don't think it's a particularly huge bag, but maybe that's because I get a different bedding in a bale. It's sort of the same size as 15kg bags of pet feed. However, I found it quite dusty (and it started to have a weird smell to it though apparently this has been sorted)
I'd personally recommend Ecopetbed or a similar cardboard bedding (Ecobed, Andy B bedding, SafeTBed, Premierbed, etc) as they're dust-free, being chopped cardboard, and cheap (especially if you can find a horse supplier or somewhere like that that stocks them locally - if you contact the sites above they should let you know of their nearest stockists)
I'm trialing hemp bedding from today, which lots of rat owners swear by, so that's another option (again, bales of it are cheap). The one I'm trying is Aubiose but there's a few other makes too.
I personally think if there are less dusty alternative beddings at a reasonable price I'd favour those (and I'd never use woodshavings again)

I've used one of the hemp litters - not Aubiose but another one whose name has left my brain :)shock: ) and I hated it - it stank to high heaven before it was even used, let alone when it was soiled.

I've used one of the hemp litters - not Aubiose but another one whose name has left my brain :)shock: ) and I hated it - it stank to high heaven before it was even used, let alone when it was soiled.

Hemcore? I think there's several different brands which use different parts of the plant, haven't opened my bag of Aubiose to see what it smells like yet

Hemcore? I think there's several different brands which use different parts of the plant, haven't opened my bag of Aubiose to see what it smells like yet

AH yes, Hemcore it was! :) I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Aubiose.

Back