• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Feet

My rabbit's feet are dis colored because of steping in it's pee. Any tips on cleaning the pee off the feet of my rabbit's feet.

Last edited:
Your bun should do this for him/her self;) Personally the only time I would wash a bun is if they are unable to do it themselves for some reason or there is poo sound ground on that the bun is struggling to get it off. Too much washing isn't really good for them;)

Prince got brown feet from sitting in wee when I first got him. I changed his litter to wood based cat pellets and within a week his feet were white again. If you can remove the reason for staining your rabbit should sort this out itself. :D

My lop has yellow/brown tinge feet... though I am positive its not down to pee colorization. . it might be simply colour pigment... as I am sure he has had feet that colour since day one ..

Besides he washes his feet very well..... boxes with them if he at the slightest gets them wet... hehehe

If a rabbit's feet are a bit yellow discolured underneath, this could be from running on grass. Vets often look for this to see if the animal has been exercised.

Yeah, I know but you can generally tell from the state of the rabbit if it's let out or not. My rabbits frequently have blue feet from the carpet!!!:roll: And green feet in summer from outside.

Back