• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is it that spooks them?!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Do you ever find that one minute your bunny is playing happily in your room and the next minute she's thumping like a maniac with no obvious reason?!

Sorrel did that last night and it took ages to calm her down. :?

Mine do that. It's not so much thumping but more sitting quietly one minute & then running at full speed out of the room & back in again. I think they do it just to make sure I'm not drifting off to sleep!

maybe its just that they are so much more alert than us they pick up on things we dont? it does make you wonder though, one of mine can be happily munching through the garden..ten seconds later hes bolted to his 'safe place' behind the shed, he soon calms down and returns though, i guess its just prey instincts.

its really weird. I'm used to her having a lie down and then suddenly getting up for a run, but this was full on terrified thumping. but i guess they can hear really quiet things cos the other day both my girls were in the garden and both suddenly looked up in the same direction at the same time.

also i was sat holding her later and she was staring at this spot on the floor, really tense and scared, and wherever i went with her she'd twist round so she'd still be looking at it. oo-er!

Evo does this too, usuallyin the middle of the night. :roll: Sometimes I think it's attention seeking, because he soon calms down after a nose rub and some oats. :lol:

I put it down to the fact that they're wimps!!!

Oliver's always stamping just because another bun in the room moved its litter tray or sneezed or trumped!!:roll:

Back