• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you get your hutches?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I need a big hutch to accommodate two buns for when I get a boyfriend for Poppy but none of the shops here stock anything anywhere near big enough. I was wondering where you guys get yours from? I'm not really up for making my own because I made my run and it took forEVER. I'm not sure how I'd have one delivered either because I'm always at work. :?

I know it gets alot of bad press on here but Bluebell's came from P@H. True they sell some pretty tiny hutches but they seem to of cottoned on to the fact some people have more sense these days! It's the only pet shop I've been to which sells decent sized hutches.

I got mine from ebay, a Happy Hutch, 6x2 over a 6x4 run for £112

Pets at Homes are selling some giant hutches but they cost more

I made my first one, and trust me I'm no carpenter:rolleyes: my o/h was so impressed it was at least an hour before he realised and said why do we need a hutch:shock: :lol: I got the wood from B and Q who were very helpful and cut pieces to the sizes I wanted (also helps if you take 20 year old daughter with you - I think he would still be cutting wood now):lol: :lol:

Sue x

I'm in Leeds - there is a pets at home here, I might consider one of their larger hutches. I like the ones made by the happy hutch company but I'm guessing you have to be in when they're delivered and I never am :(

I'd very much like to make one but I made my own run and it took fso long and stressed me out so much that I wouldnt do it again. *weeps*

I'm in Leeds - there is a pets at home here, I might consider one of their larger hutches. I like the ones made by the happy hutch company but I'm guessing you have to be in when they're delivered and I never am :(

I'd very much like to make one but I made my own run and it took fso long and stressed me out so much that I wouldnt do it again. *weeps*
Could you not get it delivered to a neighbours or to work?

The 5 hutches I've had are all from P@H. To be fair, Nibbles's first one was really bad. One of the legs fell off :shock: But the other 4 are fine. Biscuit's shed hutch has sagged at the front where she used to sleep, but that's supported by bricks now. But the other's are really good and sturdy. Bobby even likes the taste of them!

Have a look around your local shed companies. They often make animal housing too. Sometimes they will do bespoke made-to-measure items

Amy

One from pets at home and one from ebay, ironically it was the same hutch just second hand! (And a quarter of the price! :roll: )

Jenny and Frankie have a Lavender Lodge, from P@H. It's a nice hutch and well made and I've been very happy with it. However, if I had the room in my (very odd) shaped garden, I'd go for a Happy Hutch with an attached run.

Try some local pet shops my local one didn't have anything big enough for me so she recommended me to a guy who makes them and I got a huge hutch and run combo for only £100, he did it to what I wanted as well wwhich was great! He's in Reading (Super pets) I know your too far but there might someone closer to you :)

One of my Happy Hutches got delivered by DHL (it was a flat pack one), if you are out when they deliver I think there was the option of going to the depot to pick it up (depends how far your are from your local depot of course)! Wouldn't want to rely just on my information but it might be worth checking out (I think they use a number of different couriers? Wasn't an option for me to pick it up as 6ft was never going to fit in the car! Had to book a day's holiday in the end!

Hannah

Back