• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anyone else freezing their b*ms off?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
I am so cold sitting here with my blanket over me, I am loathe to put the heating on because of Lionel i don't want him to get too hot, but I don't know if i can go all winter without it on, just wondered how everyone elses plays it? Do you put your heating on?
Thanks x

Squidgy is a full-time house bunny and we have the heating on as normal. He even preferes to sit in front of the fire when it's on!

i have the heating on, i do have a room thermometer in his room and make sure it dont get too hot in there if he needs an escape.... he tends not to be bothered by the heat tho.. sits right by the radiators lol

I have the heating on too, the ones in the conservatory have their own heater otherwise it would be freezing in there.

If this is the Lionel with an abscess, still only young, about to undergo his 3rd GA in 4 months, I'd say he needs all the heating he can get - hospitals are warm for a reason :)

I have the heating on in my house with the radiator turned down low in the bunny room (they like to sit against the radiators and might burn their bums)

Back