• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Poor Teasel Has GonE To Rainbow Bridge

mullethead

Mama Doe
I checked poor teasel at 2.45 then went to pick my mother in law up from the hospital,when i got back i went out to check on them and poor teasel had passed on .This was very sudden and dont know if it was a heart attack or not she had been myxi and vhd and her poos were fine but i have always thought she was a runt ,can this cause any probs or can there be anything that can pass onto the other buns,thanks rick:( :( :( :(

Thankfully ive bonded her in with bobby n sophie so she is fine but just keep feeling ive missed something with teasel,feelso sorry for her as she was always really clumsey since getting her.....

Poor Teasal :(

What a terrible day its been for loosing rabbits :cry:

Has she lost weight recently? Did she have co-ordination problems or do you think it was her eyesight?

Oh Rick, I'm so sorry! Poor Teasel, poor Topaz, buns are such fragile creatures and we can lose then without much notice... even when you have some niggling doubts its not always enough for someone, even a vet to pick up on.

My last bun who died suddenly had been to the vet 3 times as I just felt she wasnt 'right' but nothing was ever found, then she died all of a sudden.

It was far too short but you gave her a wonderful last few months to her life.

Sleep tight Teasel:cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Teasel has gone. I fostered them for Jill for a while and they are gorgeous bunnies. I don't think Teasel was a runt, it's very sad she's gone so suddenly.

Awww what a shock - I'm shocked so I dread to think how you feel - I remember how excited you were about getting your 2 dutchie girls :( There are loads of things rabbits can die from unfortunately - they're delicate little things internally. My bunny Tia seemed in perfect condition and just died within hours of me noticing she wasn't right - vet could only find a slight drop in temperature so who knows? :(

Rick I'm so sorry and as i said to you earlier on the phone..don't feel bad..you gave her a great home even if it was for a short time.
I don't think she was "a runt"..she seemed the same as Topaz...

sadly small pets can die suddenly and leave us wondering about all the "what ifs"..
Glad Topaz has some other bunny friends so she's not alone.

Back