• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I get Biscuit to eat more hay?

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
She used to live off hay, but she's stopped now. I tried putting it in her hay rack and putting food in it to encourage her, but she just attacked it so much she pulled the hay rack off :shock:

I don't know what to do. I really want her to enjoy the lovely stuff I get from Hay Experts. I almost want to eat it because it smells so sweet and lovely!!

what hay are you feeding her? marsha doesn't like any of the posh stuff she will only eat meadow hay or the supaforage stuff.
xxx

erm maybe dont give her any treats veg or pellets for a few days and see if her hunger makes her enjoy hay again?? i know this afternoon at the vets after feeling alvins tummy and taking his temp the vet checked his teeth.... are her teeth playing up maybe??

I'd have to agree, have you tried decreasing her mix/pellets?

My lot like quite stalky meadow hay best. They also enjoy Oxbow Timothy, which is expensive but I usually mix a tiny bit in with the cheaper stuff.

Yea. I may have to get her off the pellets. She's nearly finished the bag anyways.

She doesnt want to eat rabbity stuff. She tried eating my Lush lipbalm last night :lol:

If she used to live off hay but now she's stopped, I would immediately suspect a dental problem. Any change in a bun's eating habit can indicate this but hay requires a lot of munching and chewing so if there are spurs or her mouth is sore, she may well stop eating hay. I'd suggest getting her checked out at the vets before cutting down on other food to try and encourage hay eating.

Biscuit's second home is the vets haha! Her roots are pushing into her tear ducts. She always has her teeth checked and our vet hasn't found a problem with them.

I think she's just a picky eater. Sometimes she prefers pellets, sometimes veg. She's eat any treat tho haha :lol:

Biscuit's second home is the vets haha! Her roots are pushing into her tear ducts. She always has her teeth checked and our vet hasn't found a problem with them.

I think she's just a picky eater. Sometimes she prefers pellets, sometimes veg. She's eat any treat tho haha :lol:

she is just picky yeah. ill bring her a pressie when i come xxx

Back