PDA

View Full Version : How can I get Biscuit to eat more hay?

BunnyBekkie
13-11-2007, 08:51 PM
She used to live off hay, but she's stopped now. I tried putting it in her hay rack and putting food in it to encourage her, but she just attacked it so much she pulled the hay rack off :shock:

I don't know what to do. I really want her to enjoy the lovely stuff I get from Hay Experts. I almost want to eat it because it smells so sweet and lovely!!

Indiechic
13-11-2007, 09:04 PM
what hay are you feeding her? marsha doesn't like any of the posh stuff she will only eat meadow hay or the supaforage stuff.
xxx

donnamt
13-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Alvin wont eat from a hay rack... only the stuff i put in his litter tray gets eaten

BunnyBekkie
13-11-2007, 10:37 PM
She won't touch anything anywhere. She just sleeps on hay.

Indiechic
13-11-2007, 10:40 PM
She won't touch anything anywhere. She just sleeps on hay.

awww im sure she'll eat some soon.... have you tried the tough method? ie decreasing her food...
x

donnamt
13-11-2007, 10:42 PM
erm maybe dont give her any treats veg or pellets for a few days and see if her hunger makes her enjoy hay again?? i know this afternoon at the vets after feeling alvins tummy and taking his temp the vet checked his teeth.... are her teeth playing up maybe??

FriskyClover
13-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I'd have to agree, have you tried decreasing her mix/pellets?

My lot like quite stalky meadow hay best. They also enjoy Oxbow Timothy, which is expensive but I usually mix a tiny bit in with the cheaper stuff.

BunnyBekkie
14-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Yea. I may have to get her off the pellets. She's nearly finished the bag anyways.

She doesnt want to eat rabbity stuff. She tried eating my Lush lipbalm last night :lol:

donnamt
14-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Yea. I may have to get her off the pellets. She's nearly finished the bag anyways.

She doesnt want to eat rabbity stuff. She tried eating my Lush lipbalm last night :lol:

hehehe what a little demon :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indiechic
14-11-2007, 09:01 PM
she thinks shes a human xxx

AlisonA
14-11-2007, 09:03 PM
If she used to live off hay but now she's stopped, I would immediately suspect a dental problem. Any change in a bun's eating habit can indicate this but hay requires a lot of munching and chewing so if there are spurs or her mouth is sore, she may well stop eating hay. I'd suggest getting her checked out at the vets before cutting down on other food to try and encourage hay eating.

BunnyBekkie
14-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Biscuit's second home is the vets haha! Her roots are pushing into her tear ducts. She always has her teeth checked and our vet hasn't found a problem with them.

I think she's just a picky eater. Sometimes she prefers pellets, sometimes veg. She's eat any treat tho haha :lol:

Indiechic
14-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Biscuit's second home is the vets haha! Her roots are pushing into her tear ducts. She always has her teeth checked and our vet hasn't found a problem with them.

I think she's just a picky eater. Sometimes she prefers pellets, sometimes veg. She's eat any treat tho haha :lol:

she is just picky yeah. ill bring her a pressie when i come xxx

BunnyBekkie
15-11-2007, 12:16 AM
She will love you forever!