• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My first Alvin panic :( U/D he seems ok again :)

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
so i left for work this morning and he was fine, lovely bowl of veg and a huge handful of hay to keep him going....

got home for my lunch and the o/h said hes not right *panic* hes refusing food even apple!!!! managed to get 0.5ml of infacol into him then it all went around his mouth... came back to work with strict instructions to the bloke to tummy rub (we have no idea what his tummy should feel like) :oops: and to get him moving around...... 1/2 hour later he phones to say Alvin is still refusing food even a grape!!! and when he tried to get him moving he just lay down panting..... we got him a 3:10 appointment at the vets.....

teeth are fine, couldnt find a blockage, temp was only slightly raised... vet an injection of gut stimulant and baytril and a packet of recovery food to be syringe fed was given and an appointment made for tomorrow morning.... MY GOD its scary stuff.... i hope it wasnt summat ive done to make him poorly :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Oh its very worrying isnt when they are unwell, especially when its not possible to diagnose what the problem is. Best wishes and I hope Alvin gets better soon.

Oh no poor ninja !! :shock: I'm quite sure it was nothing you did, fingers crossed it was gas and he will be fine, keep us posted, sendinhg healing vibes your way x

Sounds like you've done the same thing most of us on here would have.
Lots of good vibes for Alvin - I'm sure he'll be fine since you've responded so quickly

Vibes for Alvin.... its awful isn't it! Panic stations but you were fantastic in my opinion to get the infacol in there as fast as that. Good on ya girl and keep us updated :thumb:

poor alvin!!! i always worry cus i dont know what their tummy would feel like if it was blocked etc, poor little guy!hope hes okay xxxxxxxxxxxx

he seems like Alvin again.. whoop whoop hes had his mix and the veg he refused at lunch..... im soo pleased he wasnt suffering from summat really bad.... just gonna see what his poop output tonight is now i suppose to tell mr vet tomorrow.... i feel a bit silly i paniced so bad now :oops: :oops:

but i do know his teeth are still good :)

poor alvin!!! i always worry cus i dont know what their tummy would feel like if it was blocked etc, poor little guy!hope hes okay xxxxxxxxxxxx

the vet was pushing in really hard, i dont think id find summat if i was lookin for a blockage.... no experiance at all

Yay! Glad he's back to normal. You're fast response probably meant that you got it under control quickly. Mine do this very occasionally, with no reason why. Just a little bit of wind I would imagine.

Yay! Glad he's back to normal. You're fast response probably meant that you got it under control quickly. Mine do this very occasionally, with no reason why. Just a little bit of wind I would imagine.

the vet pretty much said that today, he seemed really pleased Alvins poops were happening even if they were a touch small, and he was eating and drinking he said if it is some sort of bug getting it early deffo stopped his system from coming to a standstill and a vets visit was the way to go and it could go so bad if left alone.... he came home today with a 5 day course of baytril just incase it was more than indigestion/wind and strict instructions to keep an eye on him and take him back should he go off again... poor little baby jumped out of his arms into the safety of his carrier before that evil thermometer came out again... very glad i took him because of the way it could have went even if the little monster has cost me £50 quid for a bit of wind :lol: :lol: :lol:

i was soo scared this morning aswell incase he hadnt made it thro the night.... i waited in the other room till i heard him moving about before i went in.... :oops:

thank you all for your vibes :) next time im sure ill be calmer xxxxx

Back