• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you wash vetbed?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I was told that I should put the vetbed into a pillowcase. I will do this but should the pillowcase be left loose or knotted at the end? How long shall I wash it for? I want to wash three 18" pieces in one go. Thanks.

Hello :D I put mine into a pillow case and tie it at the end :D Although I only do one piece at a time,I don't know about doing 3 :? :?

I put mine on a normal 40 degree wash. :D

Hope that helps :wave:

I was wondering about this too...

Does anyone know if you can handwash it? I like to wash the bunnies' stuff in biological to get rid of the wee smell but I'm allergic so I can't wash my clothes in biological. So I handwash their stuff as there's not much.

I put three pieces in a pillow case and tie with a hair bobble.
I also hand wash in summer and it is fine:D

I'm going to handwash mine cos I'm a bit paranoid that I'll break my washing machine with all the fluff :oops:

I handwash mine 'cos it gets so disgusting and the colour of the water is....yeeuukk, and I spin it in the machine so it dries quicker

I hand wash mine, outside, yes even at this time of year and dry it on my garden chairs. althought I will have to move indoors if the weather gets extremly bad:lol:

I'm going to handwash mine cos I'm a bit paranoid that I'll break my washing machine with all the fluff :oops:

This is the reason we suggest putting it in a pillow case, the fluff stays inside the case and does not block the filter.

I washed mine on 95 degrees as the weekend (infection control measures!) and... it looks exactly the same. I was paranoid it would disintegrate!

Oh - I didn't know about pillow case stuff. I just bung mine in the washing machine and have done for years. Sometimes with my clothes if not too dirty - no fluff comes off (maybe it does when brand new?).

I just chuck mine in like a normal wash, if its not too dirty 30 wash with biological and if its really bad 40 with biological :D

Since it survived the hotter wash OK, I'm tempted to go for 60 degrees from now on. Not very environmentally friendly, but will kill more germs and get them cleaner.

Back