• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Special Appeal People in Notts and Coventry

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Although we've put appeals out before we've had no luck..very sad as there are so many people on here looking for rabbits..these ones get ignored due to their teeth when there is no need if you live near one of the vets listed below.
PLEASE READ ON

We are looking for special homes for our dental bunnies.
Some of these have not needed anything doing in the last 2 visits but they will need checking.

If you live within reach of Gamston Vets4pets Notts..or the Pet Vacs clinic in coventry please consider one of the rabbits.
the vets there do teeth without a Ga and approx cost is £10..less risk to bun less cost to you.

These bunnies have been with us a while and really need a special home of their own..the adoption fee will be reduced for these rabbits to pay for first 2 visits to vet..they are all neutered ..mxyi and VHD vacs.

Minstrel..a gorgeous boy who will bond easily
Minstrela.jpg

Henry..desperate for a friend
Henryandorna.jpg

Harley ..a very friendly/easy to handle boy who had been hit in the face:evil:
Harleya.jpg

Duncan..likes to just be a bunny but lovely!
Duncanz.jpg

Little Dixie who arrived in such a state and did need his veg chopped up very fine but is now managing much better..
Dixie.jpg

and Chrissie..her teeth were growing into her gums..a nervous girl who needs lots of TLC
chrissie.jpg

We have 4 others too..so please give these rabbits the loving homes they need..pm for more details
With improved diet and a couple of dentals these rabbits teeth may well improve and not need further treatment..but of course this cannot be guaranteed

Last edited:
Would people who live outside these areas who use the same practices i.e. Vets4Pets elsewhere be considered for adoption of these little ones,
Thought I would ask:oops: :oops: its just there are probably lots of people wondering too:oops: :oops:

if you live outside these areas but can either get to one of these vets...or have a vet near you that does teeth without ga..then yes of course you could adopt one..

I'd like to stress some of these buns may well not need another dental as we have had them regualrly done here and improved their diet..but they will need checking..

sadly some rescue have no choice but to put to sleep dental bunnies due to space and the lack of people willing to take them on....we made th decision not to do this but they are taking up spaces other bunies need..and they all so deserve loving homes of their own..

surely there must be some caring people on here who wouldn't mind visiting one of these vets every 2 -3 months at £10 a time?????

Harley and Chrissie are so very beautiful.
Well, they all are - but those two look very striking to me. ^^

Hope they all get homes soon!

aww i love Henry, but our V4P is rubbish. i won't use it. I wish i could take him, as my mashie moo is looking for a husbun for after her spay xxx

Awww poor bunsters :cry:

Phil has said Caspian can have a girlfriend in the new year....maybe if Chrissie is still looking then....

Aww - they're so sweet. I think I've met Harley & he's adorable.

Would any of them bond with Dill & Willow (assuming I could persuade O/H!)? Or is going for a bonded 3 a bit keen? Don't really have space for another hutch (and O/H might go a bit spare if I suggested it - the one we've got was an epic DIY effort).

Hi kate

yes you did meet harley and yes one might bond in with your two..Harley being quite small might be a good one to try..
the question is would you be able to take him to Gamston every 2 months or so to have his teeth checked/burred?

Jill - Andy has bought a new sound system, we have plans to annoy the neighbours so much they move - we will then buy their house and extend the garden and they can all come and live with me :D

Jill - Andy has bought a new sound system, we have plans to annoy the neighbours so much they move - we will then buy their house and extend the garden and they can all come and live with me :D

Good plan ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I know where all the boy bunnies are hiding. :D

Aww minstrel is gorgeous!

Minstrel IS gorgeous, and I dont just mean looks, he's the best behaved foster bun I've had. He is unbelievably clean and totally litter trained, he keeps his hutch so tidy and I rarely have to give a complete clean out, just a quick daily litter tray change, his bed area is always spotless!:lol: Such a good boy and very friendly and always happy to say hello to the other fosters. I'll miss him when he goes but he so deserves a home of his own.

I have a vet near to me that i could easily go to on a regular basis for teeth checkups. What would i be asking for exactly if i wanted to take a bunny in with teeth problems? and would they charge me consultation fees every time i took bun there for this to be done? It would be so nice to give these buns a second chance, they deserve a forever home to. :cry:

I have a vet near to me that i could easily go to on a regular basis for teeth checkups. What would i be asking for exactly if i wanted to take a bunny in with teeth problems? and would they charge me consultation fees every time i took bun there for this to be done? It would be so nice to give these buns a second chance, they deserve a forever home to. :cry:

I think that is something you'd have to talk to your vet about. I use the vet Jill mentioned in Coventry and they just charge a straight £10 to clip the teeth. :D

oh Jill my heart has just panged big time. I just couldn't cope with another bunny while I'm at uni and in a rented flat. I would seriousely consider it but not for about a year by then hopefully they will all have lovely new homes (fingers crossed). Hope a great home comes up soon. xx

Back