• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a 3rd rabbit

becca114

Young Bun
Id like to bond another rabbit to my recently bonded pair. I know nothing about bonding a rabbit into a group so please could I have some guidance?

I would find a rescue near you and see if they will do the bonding for. I have three but things are always quite tense betwen the girls, Poppy chases Sweet Pea a lot, I have them all in a dog crate in my front room at the moment as they are much better on neutral territory.

I wanted to do the same, but I was told that if you have a happily bonded pair, to leave well alone and not to add to it.
It will cause upset and possible wife swapping (or husband depending on which you add) of the pair if they decide the new addition is nicer than the partner they already have.

I dunno... fickle creatures!!!

The third rabbit I want to bond to my existing pair is very lonely, and i'm prepared to take the risk with bonding her with the others. If everything goes wrong i'm sure there will be another solution. The main thing that i'm worried about is if the existing bonded pair 'break up' even if they don't accept the new rabbit. Is his possible?

Have a look at this, very promising, esp as I am about to add two more to my bonded pair... i'm also prepared for it not working but am convinced that its def worth it for them to have a happy bunny group :D

http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

Keep me posted as to your decision and how you get on if you go for it :D

I am definitely going to try, I hate seeing her on her own. But first I need to find suitable housing for them all to live in before I bond them because al the rooms in the house are... shall we say, got rabbit smell on them or just 'used up'. Anyone in Lancashire selling a big hutch or run?

I bonded a male into my bonded couple a few months ago. . My male and female have been very happily bonded for about 9 months, I was really worried about adding another bun as Furby and Fudge have always been so in love and happy together..
Anyway I did add a lovely boy called Thomas with them,my boy took to him lovely but my female wasn't very happy at first.
It took me 7 days indoors to bond them there was fights and I nearly seperated them because they both had scratches to them :( I kept with it and now they are all living quite happily in a shed/run together..
Furby still doesn't groom Thomas( well not when I'm looking) but they all seem okay and enjoy each others company.

Hi Jim - yep have brought 2 buns home yesterday. Its gonn abe a rocky road and feel so guilty by my other buns - hope i've done the right thing!!
Scampi needs to be 'done' first but nancy is already done. So once he is hormone free then the four way bonding will begin!! So nervous about it tho :?

Back