PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning hutches querie

Jennie Wright
13-11-2007, 10:42 AM
When cleaning hutches do you use normal house hold disinfectant or ones specifically for animal use? I have 2 6ftx2ft hutches and 6ft x 6ft runs. What do others use? Thanks

JellyBelly
13-11-2007, 10:44 AM
I use one made for animals but i am not sure it makes a difference as long as you rinse it thouroughly afterwards. Oh and you should dilute the household type as thay can smell very strong.

Hope that helps :wave:

TheGaffer
13-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I use white vinegar or an animal one called Keep It Clean

Willow_Warren
13-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I use white vinegar in the litter trays (as it's the only thing I find that will shift the stains from the plastic), my rabbits are pretty clean so most weeks I just sweep out the dirty stuff from the hutch and put in new stuff. Occassionally I will clean with an animal disinfectant but not every week. I don't know what other people will think of this as I know some scrub their hutches all the time?

With the runs, again I sweep them out every couple of days, then occassionally I move everything and get the pressure washer out - just use water with that but it's so powerful it shifts everything (including a bit of patio I'm sure).

Hannah

Jennie Wright
13-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks, will need to spray with water then as I used household and left to soak in - oops! Having to get them totally clean as my little boys have gone off to find ladies and they are returning with them on Sat (hopefully - going well so far) and the rescue told me they had to smell neutral so been cleaning every day. Probably have no hutch left soon!

kimd6200
13-11-2007, 11:55 AM
i use the cheap disinfectant from morrisons diluted with water.doesnt leave a strong smell.use it in a spray bottle.lasts ages aswell.x