• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning hutches querie

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
When cleaning hutches do you use normal house hold disinfectant or ones specifically for animal use? I have 2 6ftx2ft hutches and 6ft x 6ft runs. What do others use? Thanks

I use one made for animals but i am not sure it makes a difference as long as you rinse it thouroughly afterwards. Oh and you should dilute the household type as thay can smell very strong.

Hope that helps :wave:

I use white vinegar in the litter trays (as it's the only thing I find that will shift the stains from the plastic), my rabbits are pretty clean so most weeks I just sweep out the dirty stuff from the hutch and put in new stuff. Occassionally I will clean with an animal disinfectant but not every week. I don't know what other people will think of this as I know some scrub their hutches all the time?

With the runs, again I sweep them out every couple of days, then occassionally I move everything and get the pressure washer out - just use water with that but it's so powerful it shifts everything (including a bit of patio I'm sure).

Hannah

Thanks, will need to spray with water then as I used household and left to soak in - oops! Having to get them totally clean as my little boys have gone off to find ladies and they are returning with them on Sat (hopefully - going well so far) and the rescue told me they had to smell neutral so been cleaning every day. Probably have no hutch left soon!

i use the cheap disinfectant from morrisons diluted with water.doesnt leave a strong smell.use it in a spray bottle.lasts ages aswell.x

Back