• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chin rub.

Jolliman

New Kit
Lately Iv noticed my bunny running her chin on everything she sees. It sooo cute when she runs up and does it to my legs and head.

I was wondering if anyone knew what it meant though? She has only started doing it in the last week or so, and was wondering if it means anything in particular, or if its just one of those weird bunny quirks lol

Rabbits have a scent gland under their chin. If you feel you might find the fur is a bit rough there. When she's rubbing her chin over objects she's saying 'that's mine'. Is she quite young? It might be her hormones are just starting to kick in and she's marking her territory :)

Tamsin

its a way of saying 'thats mine....... and that...... that too........mine, mine , all mine........... you're mine too' :lol:

Poor chloe gets chinned all over by my neutered male bun if she pops round. He's probably somehow smelling her rabbits but he does it so much it's almost embarrassing :oops: .......he doesn't do it to anything or anyone else.

Yea, she is quite young. Im also quite sure she isnt a she haha. When i got her from my friend she told me it was a she, thats what she was told from the place she got it.

But i was checking "her" our the other day and she bounced off my bed and i though i saw testicles. On closer inspection im all most certain that they are testicles. So i guess elliot was a good name, seeing as its a male + female name. lol

Back