• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody made their own Rabbit Bed?

nannybonk

Warren Scout
Hi, I want to make a little bed for my two and was just wondering if anybody had made their own?

I like the igloo type things that you can get for cats in pet shops, something that would be nice and warm but cheapish to make.

Any ideas?? I have had a little look on the net, but only found one so far that isn't made by knitting. (I can't knit)

Thanks,
Hannah

Last edited:
I've found that buns love cardboad boxes with a "roof". A business storage box (found in your local office shop) would be perfect. Just cut a hole in it for a door, and stuff it with hay. They're cheap to replace too, and don't get cold like plastic

Yeah, they do love that, they had one in their room, but I wanted something that I could put in the front room that they could snuggle in, so don't rally want hay everywhere.

Thanks for the idea though :D:D

Amber has her own double bed!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

111120074351.jpg

Hi Hannah :wave:

Have you tried the West Wales Willow website, I got a willow den from there my friends buns have the teepee :D
or there's the cardboard guy who do 2 storey cardboard houses my other buns loved these, Millie & Jack are to big for them :lol:

Not sure if you have a Home Bargain near you Hannah, but they're selling a really nice cat igloo for £3.99... Saffy loves it!!

xx

My hubby is whinging at the fact that I want to go 5 miles to a home bargains :( I might just go by myself! (but take his wallet :lol:)

Been to Home Bargains today, but they didn't have any cat igloos :cry Don't know if to try another one?! Oh well!

I made an 'igloo' type one for my cats, it was very easy. I'll try and get a piccie and pm you to see if it's what you are looking for.:D

Now thats not fair :no: we ALL want to see the pic of the bed :lol:

Ok but please excuse it's sagginess as it's 7 years old now - stood the test of time I guess and both cats and rabbits have made good use of it!:lol:

catbed.jpg

Flip lid, so any hiding buns, can be got at easily.:D

catbed3.jpg

I made them a wooden house for outdoor use:
Kanin-Sasukeiferiebur.jpg

Also use the transport crates sometimes
Zakurasinnhegning.jpg

Sasuke simply has a pillow. I don't normally use houses in an indoor cage as they tend to just get in the way:roll: (they just can't leave it alone)
P1010012.jpg

Also when I took Zakura on vacation I gave her a house made from an old plastic sink turned upside down:lol:
Zakurapplatten3.jpg

(all houses are filled with hay, the pillow is just a pillow)

Back