• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Nia(Capel's foster bun)

karen354

Warren Veteran
:cry: :cry: Hilda has just text there's something wrong with Nia :cry: her back legs are paralysed.
Hilda's at the theatre and can't get home as they had a lift there. Hilda's son have phoned her to say theres a serious problem with Nia, Leanne and Gordon are off to the vets now..

Lots vibes for Nia please.

something happened to Nemo my housebun about 3 yr ago that was very similar . turned out to be a back injury ....he did get better after weeks of anti inflamotories and painkillers .
hope shes ok too :(

I am a friend of Leanne and Hilda's.

Have just been texting Leanne she said suspected E.C. Nia has an empty tummy and dramatic weightloss. She has had a painkiller and mobility drugs. Leanne is currently syringe feeding.

Hope no one minded me updating this thread.

Thinking of you Hilda, Leanne and Nia and sending loads of vibes.

I am a friend of Leanne and Hilda's.

Have just been texting Leanne she said suspected E.C. Nia has an empty tummy and dramatic weightloss. She has had a painkiller and mobility drugs. Leanne is currently syringe feeding.

Hope no one minded me updating this thread.

Thinking of you Hilda, Leanne and Nia and sending loads of vibes.

Thanks for letting us know, I hope little Nia's going to be okay.

Oh no.... so sorry to hear this, I've always had a bit of a spot spot for Nia. :( Sending tons of get well vibes for the lovely little Nia and hugs to Hilda and co.... get well soon Nia. xx

Awww Nia, come on little girl... you've come so far... lots of nose rubs and well wishes coming your way xxxxx

Love to Hilda, Rog and Leanne xxx

It's all a bit of a mystery really. As Karen said, Rog and I had gone to the theatre with friends and Just as I went to turn off my phone Gordon rang to say there was something wrong with Nia's back legs as she seemed to be dragging them behind her. We couldn't get home so fortunately he was able to ring Leanne and they took her up to Kevin. He said she's had dramatic weight loss yet both Rog and I thought she'd bulked up:)? ) so much so that I'd started to reduced the porridge. She'd been eating and pooing normally all day and had eaten some of her evening veg and pellets before we left and yet it seemed that her stomach was totally empty. He has questioned EC on the basis of weight loss and her loss of power in her back legs, but hasn't given Pancur. I've to take her back tomorrow morning so perhaps he'll give me it then. He gave her a pain killer and gut stimulant and Leanne and Gordon syringed her S Recovery. Since we got back she's tucked into spring greens, apple, carrot and her SS pellets, has miraculously regained her back legs enough to let her jump out of the litter tray in pursuit of a dangled carrot, race up and down her tunnel and jump into and out of the indoor crate:? :? :roll: Thanks so much for all the vibes. Here's hoping she'll continue to astound us. She'll stay indoors tonight and Rog and I will take turns to check on her. I'll update in the morning and when I'm back from the vet. PS..the play was AWFUL!!!!!(and not because our minds were elsewhere!!)_

It's all a bit of a mystery really. As Karen said, Rog and I had gone to the theatre with friends and Just as I went to turn off my phone Gordon rang to say there was something wrong with Nia's back legs as she seemed to be dragging them behind her. We couldn't get home so fortunately he was able to ring Leanne and they took her up to Kevin. He said she's had dramatic weight loss yet both Rog and I thought she'd bulked up:)? ) so much so that I'd started to reduced the porridge. She'd been eating and pooing normally all day and had eaten some of her evening veg and pellets before we left and yet it seemed that her stomach was totally empty. He has questioned EC on the basis of weight loss and her loss of power in her back legs, but hasn't given Pancur. I've to take her back tomorrow morning so perhaps he'll give me it then. He gave her a pain killer and gut stimulant and Leanne and Gordon syringed her S Recovery. Since we got back she's tucked into spring greens, apple, carrot and her SS pellets, has miraculously regained her back legs enough to let her jump out of the litter tray in pursuit of a dangled carrot, race up and down her tunnel and jump into and out of the indoor crate:? :? :roll: Thanks so much for all the vibes. Here's hoping she'll continue to astound us. She'll stay indoors tonight and Rog and I will take turns to check on her. I'll update in the morning and when I'm back from the vet. PS..the play was AWFUL!!!!!(and not because our minds were elsewhere!!)_

:shock:

:?

:cry:

I am sure your wonderful Vet will suggest this, but I think an Xray of Nia's spine might be a good idea. To my completely unqualified mind Nia's symptoms sound like a spinal disc problem :? Maybe the result of osteoporosis :?
I hope that Kevin can get the bottom of the problem. At least he is an Exotics Expert so Nia is receiving the very best care

Janex

Last edited:
Back