PDA

View Full Version : One-eyed bunny arriving Thursday

Sooz
12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I have a single eyed rabbit arriving on Thursday, her owner asked me if I could look after her for a year until she moves out of rented accomodation as she really didnt want to part with her.

I feel awful but I had to say no...she could be taking up the space of another 20+ rabbits in that year not to mention that the owner may find she still cannot take her in the end so she is coming to me for rehoming.

I have had problems boarding in the past and vowed never to do it again.

catswhiskas
12-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Oh my god don't say that I had a one eyed elderly rabbit once. She was amazing. :shock: oh no.

louise and Gus
12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh my god don't say that I had a one eyed elderly rabbit once. She was amazing. :shock: oh no.

Awww Bunny was certainly an amazing rabbit..I always remember when we stopped and got her a mcdonalds (carrot sticks of course :lol: )

Julia123
12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Hiya, think you did the right thing, its not fair for the bunny either, so don't feel bad :D

I hid mine when I was in a rented apartment :shock: :shock: I remember a gas person coming to do a landlord safety check so i hid him (just had Gabe at the time) in the en-suite!! He went in there to check too :shock: and I made up some story about bunny sitting for my sisiter - he knew I was lying but let me get away with it !!

Took me ages to glue the bits of carpet back and fill and paint the woodwork when I left :lol: :lol:

catswhiskas
12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Awww Bunny was certainly an amazing rabbit..I always remember when we stopped and got her a mcdonalds (carrot sticks of course :lol: )

She rocked.... I have some great vids of her still. I loved her loads even though we didn't get much time. Bless her. She was a babe. She was ultra cool on that journey wasn't she Lou? And she loved her Maccy D's!!!! :lol:

bunnymadhouse
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
i think you certainly did the right thing ...a year is an awful long time:(

Sooz
12-11-2007, 09:44 PM
i think you certainly did the right thing ...a year is an awful long time:(

Thanks.

My circumstances may even have changed in a year....whose to know what the future holds.

catswhiskas
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
What breed is she Sooz? Please don't say dutch?

Sooz
12-11-2007, 09:47 PM
I honestly dont know.

She is a 4.5 year old speyed house bunny with one eye but thats about as far as we got....I was trying to get a new doorbell fitted at work when she called and had to keep shouting to the engineer to let him know if it was ringing.