PDA

View Full Version : Most painful place you've been bitten by a bun?

babybunnies3
12-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Meggie is a monster for biting clothing, was trying to munch on my jacket sleeve and grabbed my index finger instead! :shock:
She got me right on the knuckle (sp?) so everytime I bend my finger it really hurts :cry: :cry:

Where is the worse place you've been "got"??

animus
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I'd have to say between my finger and thumb, on that webbing like bit.
It was bridge bunny Merlin that did it, he was a big dandelion fan and nipped me as I gave it to him.

It was a right b****r too as the scar ripped opened when I opened my hand, to hold something etc

The knuckle sounds well painful :shock: :(
Naughty bunnies! :lol:

joey&bugys 2007
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Joey bits my bum when i'm bending over on the floor to stroke Bugys!

bunnymadhouse
12-11-2007, 03:02 PM
the inside bit of my arm ...just above my wrist :evil: hurt like :censored: :censored: :censored:

rudest place was my boob:oops: :oops:

JayUK
12-11-2007, 03:03 PM
If i'm in the way (ie leaning against my sofa, sat my floor :roll: :lol: ) of a circuit run, then I'll get a nip on my lower back, and that really hurts :(

Crystal butterfly
12-11-2007, 03:03 PM
my arm :shock: when i had Honey every time she went to the vets (which was frequent due to her breathing problems) she always used to chew my arm :shock: i believe she did this out of nervousness as she was quite a nervous rabbit.

Becca
12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Mine was on my knuckle on my index finger too.
Took ages to heal up:cry:

Becca6
12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
My most painful bite was in a very sensitive part of my body - it drew blood and hurt for quite a while.

It has made me very wary about holding bunnies against my chest. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rebec :)

Sarah86
12-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Are we talking proper bites or nips? I only get nipped and it doesn't hurt but its a bit of a shock, Charlie nipped my cheek when I tried to look at his paw, he'd already had a good go at my sleeve to tell me to put him down so it was my own fault :lol:

Sooz
12-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Not me personally but my Dad was bitten by one of my rabbits THROUGH the thumbnail!

Pippa bit me on the lip once.

Missy
12-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Millie nips my ankes, right at the back were the skin and bone are.

Morrigan1981
12-11-2007, 04:13 PM
I've never been 'properly' bitten, although Harley used to nip me on the arm to put him down when he'd had enough :lol:

Eek, must be one of those days... just writing that has brought tears to my eyes. I really miss him :(

drpengie
12-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I was once bitten by Splodge right on my bikini line on the top of my thigh! :shock: Brought tears to my eyes. Couldn't walk properly as it hurt for days.
She was sat on my knee and then started jumping all over me biting at my clothes and being silly, she got a bit too carried away and bit right through my trousers!! Owww!! :lol:

FriskyClover
12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Often been nipped on the bum, fingers and ankles from my lot.

However, I'd say the most painful was from a rabbit I was looking after for a friend. She got me on the inside of my thigh, through my jeans, it really hurt!

Buggie Jay
12-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Only been nipped through clothing around my feet ... generally because I was in the way on the floor... :roll:

babybunnies3
12-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Well well, so many naughty bunny mums and dads getting in the way :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugbut
12-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I've only had two bad bites from a bun, both from my new zealand white, Harvey (r.i.p) One was on the fleshy bit at the top of my inner arm & the worst was on the end of my pinkie finger - it bled so much i passed out & had to have two stitches! :lol:

catswhiskas
12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Under my chin.....

March Hare
12-11-2007, 06:04 PM
The most painful place that I have ever been bitten by a bun was the web of skin between my thumb and index finger. It was one of my friend's bunnies that did it, and it actually pierced all the way through, leaving a three cornered tear which needed stitching and a tetanus booster!:roll:

chloaster
12-11-2007, 07:09 PM
That's where Apache bit me and he hung on too!! :rolleyes: They wouldn't stich me up tho cos they said bunny bites can leave infection in the wound and by sewing it up it wouldn't be able to come out - so just had the tetanus jab and a ridiculaously large and embarrasing bandage round my hand!! :oops:

cashmincal
12-11-2007, 07:10 PM
My melons :oops: I was grooming a cashmere lop and he nipped one of them!! :shock: Ouch x 2.

sally1974
12-11-2007, 07:10 PM
on the neck, it hurt like hell. I have scratches everywhere:lol:
Sallyx

catswhiskas
12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I am covered in scratches too all on my chest and arms. My vet said he can always tell a bunny owner by there self harming type scratches :lol: :lol: :lol:

rspcarabbits
12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Right on the nipple, Did'nt even say sorry!..... yowsaaaaaah now that really hurt. Nipple Cripple should only happen to a man.

sally1974
12-11-2007, 07:27 PM
I am covered in scratches too all on my chest and arms. My vet said he can always tell a bunny owner by there self harming type scratches :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vikki*and*the*buns
12-11-2007, 07:33 PM
where do I start :lol:

my arms
my hands
my neck
my ankles
my chin
my nose
finger tips, but only because they thought I had papaya tablets:roll:

but the most painful of them all was my tummy, choic bit me the other day as I wouldn't move out his way, he didn't break the skin, but has made a nasty bruise.

Jack's-Jane
12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
I hope this isn't tempting fate but I have never been bitten by a Bun..............

Janex

sally1974
12-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I hope this isn't tempting fate but I have never been bitten by a Bun..............

Janex

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I have a permanent scratch on my arm from one of mine:lol:
Sallyx

Willow_Warren
12-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I've not been bitten either *touches wood*

Hannah

lisa82
12-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Ours don't bite very often, but once I was laying on the floor talking to Elsie, Jess got a bit jealous and jumped on my back, I still didn't pay her much attention so she bit the back of my neck and that hurt quite a bit!!

Becca
12-11-2007, 08:17 PM

Janex
Crikey Jane how have you managed that.

Sooz
12-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I have a permanent scratch on my arm from one of mine:lol:
Sallyx

Me too, a memoir from my first ever rabbit.

I also got a bite off Gyp which was meant for Willow two weeks ago and that is going to scar.... thankfully Im up to date on my Tetanus.

BunnyBekkie
12-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I got bitten on the end of my index finger by a bun when I was about 9. It hurt so much I ran home crying and shaking my finger all the way back home. I splatted blood all over my dad's precious Renault 21!! That's left a scar.

Biscuit chomped really hard on my arm once, before I got her speyed. I had such a huge bruise. It didn't even look like a rabbit bite it was so big!!!

I currently have a small bruise on my thigh where a certain little Bobby thought if he nipped me he'd get attention. I wasn't amused and got slightly mad at him, but then I felt really bad and gave him a big cuddle, a treat and got his tunnel out. I'm too soft.

serz
12-11-2007, 08:46 PM
one of my rabbits bites my clothing quite a lot and he has nipped me on the stomach a few times. It really hurt lol :)

i heard that its like when cats nead you cos its a sign of affection isnt it the same with bunnys??

LittleBunniesRock
12-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Hmm... I've never been bitten by the buns... just nipped when they get annoyed :roll: *knocks on wood*

Yep... I have scratches ALL down my chest, neck, and shoulders... Most of em haven't scarred but I may have a few... At least they don't hurt too bad!! (need to clip their nails... :? )

Morrigan1981
12-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Just remembered another one... not a bite, but a while ago I caught my wrist at work and had a really deep scratch across the inside. It scabbed over, and one day I was sat in the run with Frankie and Jen, and Jen came running over to scrabble at me to get in my lap and managed to catch the scab and tear it open. Oooo, I cried :lol: It really, really, hurt!

Neil-and-Maria
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
The most painful place I was bitten was in the garage :lol: ! Sorry, four pages in and no-one had done it!
Florence found my nipple (yes, men have them too!) :roll: .
And Maria's bottom is always fair game when she's cleaning out their areas!

Neil

sillyrabbit
12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
I have never been bitten by a bun x

touie
12-11-2007, 11:03 PM
I've had a few nippers but the only one who really bites, is fudge and he really goes for the kill, latches on and swings his back legs in for a kick :shock: He's such a nightmare, if he bites and doesn't draw blood he carries on in a strop until he does :shock:

He has bitten me all over my hands and ankles, on my arm, my bum but the worse 2 were once when he was in a strop about the xmas decs (he doesn't like change) he jumped on my lap ( I had been wearing knee high boots all day so he couldn't get my ankles) and sunk his teeth into my thigh! That was last christmas and I still have a nice scar :(

the other one was on my head just above my ear, that was a bit of a killer :shock: He also bit my mums finger and she had to steristrip it :shock:

He's not sunk his teeth in since last christmas but I'm dreading putting the decs up as I know its going to upset him :roll: On top of biting people he also nearly killed his last girlfriend and went for one of my escaped rats, I have to be very carefull, doesn't help that he's free range in the house! :(

March Hare
12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
That's where Apache bit me and he hung on too!! :rolleyes: They wouldn't stich me up tho cos they said bunny bites can leave infection in the wound and by sewing it up it wouldn't be able to come out - so just had the tetanus jab and a ridiculaously large and embarrasing bandage round my hand!! :oops:

That is VERY true, and I did INDEED get an infection in mine! It was extremely red, swollen, weepy, and painful, and pretty much took the use of mt left hand away for about 10 days.:roll: This was a LOOOOONG while ago......I was only 12 - 13.....so it was about 35 years ago!:shock: To make matters worse, it was stitched with old fashioned black stitches that didn't dissolve, and had to be cut out at a later date. It was AWFUL!:(

touie
13-11-2007, 08:11 AM

Janex

If you feel like you're missing out you can always come and see Fudge wouldn't wan't you to feel left out :lol:

JellyBelly
13-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I have never been bitten by a bun (there is always time!) but my guinea pigs have bitten me a couple of times.
Once on the boob which lefta bruise and once on the inside of my wrist which broke the skin. Their teeth are like little needles!

Vanessa.B
13-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I have a couple of scars on my hands, paticularly a nice V shaped one which is generally hidden by my wedding ring!

The worst one is on my side where I was bitten for picking Barney's poos up. This took ages to heal and I now have a permanent impression of his teeth tatooed on my side.

Rabbit's bites (not nips) are lethal! :evil:

Flopsy&JemsMum
14-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Flopsy has only ever bitten me once - the day after he was neutered.:shock:

Guess that was payback time:lol: :lol:

Right through tracksuit bottoms on the inside of my thigh.:censored:

God did it hurt - had large red patch for days.

Angie65
14-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Ankle hurt the most, but I had to go to A&E with my wrist. Didn't hurt cos he bit through my nerves - I still don't have proper feeling in my thumb:lol:

Sooz
14-11-2007, 01:11 AM
I lost the use of my last three digits when Gyp bit me....I was cr@pping myself after what happened to you thinking I would never get the feeling back, only lasted 45 minutes thankfully.

Leanne
14-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Vinnie bit my big toe when I first got him and he got right under my toenail, oh the pain!!!!!