• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yet another bonding question

SarahM

Warren Scout
We got our new girl on Saturday morning to bond with our male rabbit, after reading all the threads on here we decided to go for the put them in a neutral territory. We have done this and after the expected behaviour, our male rabbit laid down next to her and tried to snuggle in. However she is having none of it and is still running away from him and not looking like a happy bunny. We have not had any violent behaviour from either of them.

Is it just a case that they aren't the perfect match?

She just needs more time.

How large is the space they are in and are they still in the same neutral space you started bonding in originally?

Bonding

We brought the run in from outside and are using that, so that they are in an enclosed space. The run is about 4 foot square.

It sounds as if its going fairly smoothly. Just give them time to get used to each other. I think you've got a fairly chilled out boy and your girl bun just needs to work that out.

Whenever I've tried to bond mine, its turned into a fur flying mess but I'll be trying again in spring. :D

The fact that she is just running away is a good sign. No aggression! My bun did that at first. Every time the male came near her she'd hop off. After a small amount of time together they began mutual grooming etc - love at first sight! The same happened with my other pair of buns. I must have been lucky!

Back