• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Charlie's just died? Some Post mortem results

:cry: My dear charlie has just died, But he was fine this morning and he ate and pooped etc, we've just got home to find him dead in his run. Someone help please, a fortnight ago he was unwell, but he got better and he saw the vet friday, for a check up. he was fine. no probs at all!

This isn't fair!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that - it must have been awful for you, especialy as he seemed to be doing okay. What did you originally take him to the vets for?

oh poor thing. If he seemed fine this morning he may have died from a heart attack/stroke especially if he was an older bun and had been under the weather recently , in which case it would have been very quick.

Last edited:
Sorry have just read the other thread to catch up.

The problem for us with rabbits is that they are very good at concealing if there is something wrong so we often don't know there is anything wrong until it's very wrong. By the sounds of it you did all you could for Charlie and he was lucky he had someone who cared so much about him.

If it is still worrying you perhap you could give your vet a ring tomorrow to discuss any concerns or if he could give you any feedback.

Oh Gem, I'm so so sorry. I can't find the words to say how sorry I am, or imagine how you must be feeling right now, especially after you lost your Gizmo so recently too.

Sending you loads of hugs and best wishes.

Rebec

We just don't get it, he ate all of his food today, was hoping about as normal. he was even interested in Roxy. Now i'm panicing about Obi and Roxy.
This has been a **** year, first nibbs, then gizmo and now Charlie :cry: :cry:

I dont want him to have a post mortam because i feel that this is wrong. but then i'm torn. I don't get why it was so quick either, with gizmo we had 12hrs and the fact that she didn't want to eat. but charlie tucked into his breakfast happily today and we left the house at 2pm, i locked his hutch just before we left. we returned to find him lying dead in his run. No discharge or anything abnormal at all.

I feel that i'm going to return home again and find another gone!!!!!

So sorry to hear your rotten news. It is so bad when they have appeared to be well and then die. I had that with my Chester so know how you must be feeling. Thinking of you. Pam

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news.:( As someone else has suggested, it's probably a god idea to call your vet and see if they can throw any light on it, least that way you will know if you need to do anything other than you already are to protect the others from the possibility of something similar occuring

We just don't get it, he ate all of his food today, was hoping about as normal. he was even interested in Roxy. Now i'm panicing about Obi and Roxy.
This has been a **** year, first nibbs, then gizmo and now Charlie :cry: :cry:

I dont want him to have a post mortam because i feel that this is wrong. but then i'm torn. I don't get why it was so quick either, with gizmo we had 12hrs and the fact that she didn't want to eat. but charlie tucked into his breakfast happily today and we left the house at 2pm, i locked his hutch just before we left. we returned to find him lying dead in his run. No discharge or anything abnormal at all.

I feel that i'm going to return home again and find another gone!!!!!

I am so sorry for your loss :cry:

Personally I think its essential that a PM is done on poor Charlie. You need to be as sure as you can that you do everything possible to find out what happened for the sake of your other Rabbits.
Once again, I am truely sorry :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

aww poor little charlie
it be so much easyier if they could tell you what wrong with them woundnt it
xx jess

Back