• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone got an indoor bunny & a hamster?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Bit of a random question but i have Lionel the house bunny and there is a little russian dwarf hamster for adoption hes been there a few weeks and i really want to get him, my question is will the hamster bother my bunny with the nosie from his wheel etc and will the bunny try to get the hamster? I don't want to upset my bunny!

Hi! I have Amber a giant house bunny and two hamsters and they get on fine except when the hammies are sleeping Amber will nudge their cage to wake them up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x x x

My bunnies are just fascinated by my hamsters, especially when they're in their balls. It's very much a look of "What ARE you doing?!" x

I've got mice, spiny mice, piggies and bunnies, but I wouldn't have them in the same room. I wouldn't be able to sleep in a room with the wheels all going round, so I wouldn't expect the rabbits or pigs to.

I have experienced Aroma freaking out the first time she saw the hamster ball:lol: But they're usually doing fine being in the same room.:)

I wouldn't trust my rabbit with them out loose he has gone for one of the rats that escaped and a previous rabbit went for one of my chinchillas :shock: fortunately no harm done! :D

As for when they're in the cage, no problem in fact fudge likes to sleep next to my rat cage!

My only problem is that my bunnies have figured out how to get into my hamster's tank (it's a very large tank!) and they steal his food!! Cheeky sods :lol: :lol: :lol: I wouldn't allow them out together as such - the floor is the bunnies place, the bed and furniture is for the other pets - it causes arguments if the two crossover :roll:

Don't see why the wheels would be a problem personally, plus you can get silent wheels that are very good. My buns tend to be awake through the night anyway.

Yes. I wouldn't trust them all 'out' together. Buns sometimes jump on the sofa and have a nosy at hammys cage, but he's usually asleep and doesn't know. Hammy chases Jess when he's in his ball. Occasionally Elsie will try to "box" hammy in the ball but they are always closely supervised when he's in his ball. I do turn the bun's radio down at night tho because hammy will only go on his wheel when he thinks he's alone :lol:

Horatio ( the hamster ) has his cage on top of the rabbits hutch and no-one seems bothered by him at all. Horatio runs around freerange on the floor as I will not put him in a hamster ball and the buns don't take any notice of him at all - the rabbits are secured in their hutches when he is out, but they can see him and smell him.
Taz

My hamster doesn't bother the buns. Although Michelle did box Hambo once when he was in his ball!! I think Michelle was more frightened than him - she looked mighty confused!! :lol:

i had mice and the rabbit was fine with them. he looked into thier cage now and again but other than that he was fine :)

Well done for wanting to offer the hamster a good home

Back