• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My fosters are going tomorrow :(

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
My gorgeous fosters Amber and Dexter are going to their new home tomorrow with ness12. I know they're going to a FANTASTIC new bunny mummy and daddy and a lovely new home but I'm going to miss them :( Going to be very sad saying goodbye to them tomorrow :cry: Hopefully have more new fosters very soon cos it's going to be horrible looking out into the garden at an empty hutch :(

That's the hard part of fostering or rescue...saying goodbye..but at least you'll get updates..and i will fill that hutch for you very soon!:D

I know you will! Feel free to fill it as soon as you like! We've loved fostering and the first ones were always going to be the hardest. I know Ness will keep in touch tho and it's nice to know that we've played a part in their bunny lives and finding a forever home :D
I'm just soppy!! x

Aww Abi, I'm dreading when mine go too, I totally sympathise, I'd doing home check for Pebble tomorrow as you know, then if ok she will be gone next weekend :( I'll really miss the funny little thing...

Like Jill says you will have more soon !!! I still have my JD fosters too so its not all bad :D

Chin up hun x

When I've gone to collect every foster from Carol AKA Four little paws..she threatens never to speak to me again and her hubby goes out as he can't bear to watch them go ..so you being a "bit upset" is easy for me to cope with! :lol:
Is hard though..there have been so many of the rescue buns I've missed..but sadly there are always more needing their space

I know exactly how you feel. Some fosters I am ok with. Sad to see them go, but I know they will be ok. I get a lot of pairs, so I worry about them less. I currently have Estelle (a piggie) who has really got under my skin. Jill emailed me the other day to say she has a new home - I burst into tears. I had to hand over Catalina and Merlot (who was born here) last week and I cried on the way home. I have already had piccies though and I know they will be fine. God help Jill when I hand Estelle over. There are so many others though that need help I can't keep them all. And lets face it, if we didn't get attached to them or feel upset when we had to hand them over, we wouldn't be very good fosterers would we.

I have a HUGE problem handing fosters back.....and I must admit, when I fostered Bertie and Binky, I handed them back, spent a week crying myself stupid......and then went back and got them and adopted them permanently!:oops: :oops: :oops: Every once and a while I guess there are just those *specials* that really get to you, and you just know that it was meant to be! I get a bit of butterflies in my stomach when I think of my current fosters leaving.....but I think I am steeled for it!!!!!:roll: :lol:

Fingers crossed that the homecheck goes well!!!!!:D

Hugs abi, I know I'm goning to miss my micro bunny rosie when she goes and I've only had her a week. Hopefully you'll get lots of good updates and photos.

My first fosters went just over a week ago and I still think about them every day. It is really hard. Now the 2 babies I have in are gonna be even harder as I am watching them grow and their personalities develop and its a terrible thought to think of them leaving one day. :shock: but that is our job I guess and it makes way for more unwanted bunnies to begin their journey to finding a forever home x

Well Amber and Dexter have gone to their new home..lovely to meet you Vanessa!:D ...and Abi and Ross have 2 new fosters..will post pics soon!

Awwww - well done for looking after them Abi - and Jill was true to her word and re-filled your hutch up pretty quick!!! :shock: :lol:

Amber and Dexter are here, and settling in nicely. Glenn (my OH) took some pictures this morning, so i will post some tonight so you can se them in their new home. :)

Back