• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing the new couple (well, almost)...

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
... handsome Jamie, and the beautiful Sapphire :love: :love: :love:

DSC00518.jpg

xx

Awww sooooooo cute! How's the bonding going? Although if the piccy's anything to go by then pretty well!

I've stalled the bonding tonight because Sapphire is still tired from all her travelling. I have, however, positioned their hutches opposite each other with about 5 inches inbetween so they can see and smell each other :D

We first attempted bonding a bit last night, in the kitchen - not so neutral territory, but after about 10 mins of ignoring each other Jamie attempted to hump and Sapphire wasnt interested at all.. which resulted in a bit of a scuffle, and the close of the first attempt.

Second attempt was in the spare room which Jamie hasn't been in since he was about 9 weeks old, even then he was in for a day or two. They, again, ignored each other again for about 5 mins this time, then Sapphire was sat in the litter tray and Jamie went over to sniff her and, possibly, hump her - and all hell broke loose. They locked together and there was a lot of her fluff on the floor - though no broken skin on either buns (thank god).

After the second attempt I referred to this forum (thanks everyone) and phoned my knight in shining armour - Kayj - who gave me some sound advice, which, I think has made today a success.

Third attempt we put Sapphire in the carrier and let Jamie see/smell her with her being safe and secure in the carrier - so she felt safe and not under threat, Jamie didn't show much enthusiasm (I think he's a bit slow, lol). After this, we took them both and put them in the bath where Sapphire basically laid there and Jamie nuzzled in to the side of her and started grooming her =]. After this we put them in a bigger space and she was a bit skitish, but there was no more fighting. The final step was Hawys taking them both out for a walk in the carrier... they came back and were huddled together in the carrier. Then we let them in the kitchen where she laid down a few times for him to come over, but Jamie didn't quite get it and tended to jump over her :roll: :lol:

I think it's going great. Tomorrow I will follow the whole procedure again, she's had an early night tonight so she will be alot better in the morning =]

Back