• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spays booked 21st Nov

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Im dreading it, my wee ickle girls will be all grown up and ill be able to get them boyfriends but i love them and want them to be happy.
Eeek im nervous tho xxx

Yes its a nerve wracking time but its best for them to be speyed.
Best you can do it get their bed set up nice and clean for thier return. I used a fleece blanket for mine, so nice and clean and genle on tummy when ed down. and can tel when they poo and wee more easily!! Had some hay in a bowl to one side and a bowl of water so that they dont have to strain to drink from a bottle.
I had al their fav salady treats on hand and just let them be nice and quiet for the evening of their return but sat by them the whole time.
I watched for poos for 24 hours after (longest time one of them took) and just kept an eye to see they were comfortable.
Obviously there are risk with anaesthetic but your vet should be giving them pain relief and gut stimulants and have you take them back for a post op check.

Wil be good for them to have boyfriends and reduces risk of uterine cancer later in life and mood swings etc.

Hope it all goes well for them and you - we all send our love and thoughts :D

Back