• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

saved a bunny

kimd6200

Banned
ok now i know i shouldnt have but went to local market with mum today for veg n stuff n had to nosey around the animal section.well,there was a rew nethie,absolutley terrified and the worst part was 2 asian men standing by her talking to each other on what dish they could make with her!(could almost see them drooling).im an animal lover so couldnt allow this so when bidding started i outbid them.got her for 4pounds.they gave me such dirty looks.anyway,got her home and she seems ok.had clip her nails but other than that she seems ok.my mum is having her n getting er neutered n vacs soon.booked into vets for a health check on monday.i know i shouldnt but knowing i could find her a home i couldnt allow her to be food.does anyone agree with me?please dont all have a go at me.i acted on impulse and this time it was a sensible choice.xxx

A nethie wouldn't make much of a meal :shock: ;)
I think you did the right thing. I don't honestly think many of us could be in that position and just walk away. I couldn't.
Are you keeping her?

I would have done the same! As I couldnt have slept to nite knowing what would of happened to her x x x

my mum is going to have her.shes got the tiniest ears i have ever seen,i dont think she wud make a big meal neither.havent seen her eat yet,she is so friendly.just needs a name.x

that rabbit wouldnhave been mine too if id beenthere... so dont worry i could not let it happen. if its any consolation im the mad lady who has saved injured pigeons(much to my boyfreinds unhappiness at haveing a pigeon in the house) lol even tho most ppl hate them. i cant stand to see anything injured or suffering it breaks my heart. i pulled over on theside of the road befor cuz seen injured animals and i always take them to wildlife rescue or vets (unles i know that i can help at home). so go you yaya!!!

caismeister its in leek.every fortnight.get loads of rabbits n guinea pigs in.always seem to be loads of rexs.why?i think their lovely.x

Deff did the right thing :thumb: Stupid t**ts - How could they say that?!!! :cry:

Edit - Thought the swear filter would * that out :oops:

at least you saved her i cant believe how people can just go and buy them at a place like that and do what they want with them.Glad she is safe i hope you post pics

caismeister its in leek.every fortnight.get loads of rabbits n guinea pigs in.always seem to be loads of rexs.why?i think their lovely.x

I am so glad there isn't anywhere like that near here (that I'm aware of). I feel bad enough going near pet- selling pet shops. I would have done the same. I could just :censored: some of these moron people :cry:

I would have cleared my bank account savings and got a loan - to have outbid those jerks from making her dinner.... I think without a doubt you did the right thing, and not one person on here can tell you that you didnt!

im assuming you mean bcus you had to rehome yours kim? i dont judge you at ALL i would have saved her too:):)
xxxxxx

Why would you bother cooking a Nethie, surely theres not enough meat to do anything with??? I've got one on my knee at the mo and she's mostly fur and bone!

I dont think any rabbit lover could stand by a watch her be sold for food. Theres an animal market not too far from me which I have so far managed to avoid.... too scared of what I'd come home with!

Think you did the right thing too:D How could you have left her there really? Hope she loves living with your Mum;) and she finally knows a peaceful loving home!!

yea it was cuz of having to rehome charlie.didnt want anyone think i rehomed charlie then went out n brought another.i couldnt just leave her.shes quite chunky for a nethie.got huge red eyes.xxx

Is it worth contacting Animal Aid to inform them about the market. It may be legal, but they might like to know of its existence.

Anyone on here work with Animal Aid?

Well done Kim :thumb: you did the right thing I would have done the same. Exactly the same thing happened to me at a market once with a duck. I couldn't let her become these men's dinners so I got her. I had to be dragged away from the market in a right state cos we couldn't save the goat that was there :( I can't believe they are allowed to sell rabbits like that f****** :censored: 's.

I came away from the market that day with 3 chickens, 1 duck and 6 ducklings. At the time I lived in a rural area so it was ok. I think you rock for saving that bunny.... she got a name yet? Oooh and we are like, so gonna need pics! :D

Last edited:
Good Girl!!

My Wallace was a rescued meat rabbit, ... well her mum was but she was pregnant when she was sold.

at the minute she is called tutu.such a sweet lttle face.she comes to the bars for a fuss aswell when i go in the shed so she must have been someones pet.just trying sort her diet out cuz they dont come with food.x

Back