• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gumtree Horror!

OMG :shock: It doesn't take a genius to work out that that prison is far too small. :roll: Let us know what happens Daniells&James.

what a lovely reply I have just received:

"why dont you get a life and stop getting involed in
peoples stuff it is a 5 foot hutch recomended for 2
rabbis of this age"

I haven't replied to that, im so mad!!! I don't know what I should write back :evil:

Last edited:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Those pooor poor buns! What is the rspca recommendation, I'm gonna :censored: send that to them so they can't argue that, hopefully they'll recieve it!:evil: :evil:

sent them an email through gumtree, ended it with 'they may start fighting being so crammed up which would be awful for their new owner, best wishes blah blah...'

Also added in this quote:

The RSPCA recommends 'Rabbits need as much exercise as a small dog. Their accommodation should have a sheltered sleeping area of at least 6ft x 2ft x 2ft with an attached 6ft x 3ft run '

Feel free to do the same if you think it will help any...stupid ignorant people!:evil:

Thanks for trying though!:)

no reply yet, if I didn't have the threat of my parents killing me (even though I have my own flat) I would take them in until I could re-home them properly

a 5ft hutch tho is much better than some of the 2ft and 3fts we also find...not condoneing that the hutch looks small but i hope that buns geta nice home. i guess they could have been being let out all day each day in run too remember?

that looks exactly like the hutch poppy was in when she was given to me and they are really, really small. its not the length so much as the depth and height menaing that they can barely even stand up or turn round.

Is it just me or do their eyes look funny? Like they can barely open them? May be the camera light but all 3 photos show the same thing, you may expect at least one red eye??

Hopefully the RSPCA can sort these poor little guys out asap!!!

No way in HELL is that a 5' hutch......it is a 42" or 48" at the VERY most!:evil: :evil: What a cruel thing to do.....and this woman sounds like the typical 'mind-your-own-business-I'll-treat-them-however-I-like' type of owner.:evil: I hope someone gets the poor things out of there.....their lives must be a misery.:cry: :cry:

The two NZWs arrived in a 4X1ft hutch :evil: and they are around 3kgs each at 5 months old.

Their owner told me it was 'plenty big enough for both of them' :( :(

It makes me SO sad and distraught to think of how many thousands of bunnies live terrible, miserable, neglected lives stuck 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in a tiny hutch at the very bottom of the garden because of the huge number of people who believe that it is fine to keep them like this.:evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back