• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

keep thinking about letting Twinkle go

touie

Wise Old Thumper
to someone who could offer her a home with a husbun. I have had her here for nearly a year now and have been unable to bond her with any of my others. Wheres my other single bunnies (Fudge and Caramel) seem quite content by themselves I feel that twinkle would be much happier with a partner. I have decided not to get any more rabbits as I have increasing work commitments, so am reluctant to get her a partner to live with here.

Am I right in trying to find her a better home? :?

if you think its best for her, but remember not all bunnies HAVE to have partners...maybe she prefers being alone? does she seem lonely?x

yes she does seem like she wants a partner. When i have tried to bond her with the others she has been quite keen but none of them with have her.

I could have bonded her with Splodge as they got on fine, but he's already bonded with Sugarplum who is more than twice her size and was continually aggressive to her :(

awww:( would you really want to give her up though? could you make her a house rabbit so she gets more company?

I could only give her up if I knew she was going to a better home. I already have Fudge as a house rabbit besides she seems to prefer the outdoors!

Whatever you think is best for her... As long as something is truly done for the animal's welfare (eg not financial- BTW i'm not suggesting that you are doing this, i'm just saying!) I personally have no problem with it.

Would it be possible to bond her with Caramel? Or would you rather not? Also could you put the hutches beside each other? They would have limited contact through the wire but she wouldn't be "alone" per say. It's your call, really... I know you will do what's right!!

Maybe she would get on with Dandy my rabbit? There again, all my bonding techniques with him have been awful. He has already rejected 3 does that i have tried him with.

Hope u find a solution soon. :wave: hello fellow hampshire person!

I couldn't put her with Caramel, Caramel's really aggressive to other rabbits, she's attacked every single one! Her run is within a few feet of Caramels though.

It's not for financial reasons, I have already had her spayed and vaccinated and had her snuffles diagnosed and sensitivity tests done. Her snuffles have never been a problem she doesn't need any meds for it and my 3 healthy rabbits have not caught anything off her despite being in close contact.

If someone had a snuffly male that needed a girlfriend that would be ideal!!!

Back