• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding

bunnyhaven

Young Bun
I know we have been going on and on.. (sorry!!)
I just pick up a pairs who lived seperated..
female had been spayed
Male have not been yet..

they both have been in car for 3 hours to get there.. together..

I have put them in kitchen floor (allow them stretch).. no fighting.. male one starting to humping.. i know after read info that look normal..

Question.. you think I should follow my hunch.. keep them in seperate hutch for tonight to allow them recover from travel??
or
Sholud I allow them be together?

You need to get the male castrated before you bond them or he will pester the doe until she gets fed up and turns on him. Had he already been neutered putting them together during the journey would have been the way to go, or even afterwards if that opportunity was wasted, but without him being neutered it just wouldn't be fair on her.

Let them settle for a week or so and make sure he is eating well and has recovered from the drive and then get him in to the vets. Afterwards his wound needs to heal, usually he would be up for bonding after 10 days or so. He will still pester her but it will ease off after a couple of days.

Totally agree with previous post, do not proceed any further with this bonding until your male is neutered. If you continue to try to bond these you will find that before long he will pester her to the point of her sever frustration and she will retalliate, this usually ends up in a fight with quite severe injuries.

Me three in agreement - he will do her head in trying to hump her and you don't want to end up with them fighting and then being unbondable later.

I wanted him neutered anyway.. so i will keep them seperate and book appointment with vet.
then i will try again about 2 weeks after the "snip"..

Back