• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving 6 buns 400 miles!!!!

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
Ok so we have just sold our house today and have been told that if everything runs smoothly we should expect for it all to go through and be moving in 8-10 weeks time (4th - 18th January) SOOOOOooo

I need any advice or ideas on moving my 6 bunnies (and 1 small dog) the 400 miles up to scotland?

I dont have anyone near me here or up there that can look after them over the move time, so unless theres someother way we will have to move them ourselves on moving day (with clothes and emergency stuff etc)

Im a little worried about them travelling all that way in 1 day and how i deal with moving their hutches.

has anyone done anything like this and can offer some advice. or does anyone have any advice how we manage this mammoth task?

Hey debs i run a bunnyboarding so if you need any help with them being looked after over the move then just let me know. x

i think as long as they are with you..... and your not too stressed they will deal with the move just fine.... get them settled into their new home the second you arrive... then have a relaxing cuppa..... no probs xxxxxx

Alvin has survived a 7 hour trip to scotland and then back again a week later without any problems... i think they are just happy they are with the family

One of mine has just traveled up to Scotland a couple of weeks ago.
That was a 6.5 hour trip with the lady traveling down to us in Warwickshire with her own bunny.

She transport them with loads of hay and 'wet' fruit/veg and stopped to offer water along the way. Both rabbits traveled really well.

Good luck and well done on selling the house.:D

I used WorldCare Pet Transport to move all our menagerie to Madrid and they were great. :thumb:

AMETHYST

Back