• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

dudley has a twisted liver

mimi75

Alpha Buck
mrs harcourt-brown has had duders blood results back and as she suspected dudley has a twisted liver lobe:cry: has anybody had any experience with such an injury in their buns?also since he has been home from the vets his girlie,moo,has been attacking him.i guess this is a power struggle thing-taking her opportunity whilst he is weak,but i have to give him chance to recooperate without being chased around like a numpty.if i keep them apart whilst he builds up his strength will it make it harder for them to re-bond?

I have only had one Bun with a *suspected* Liver Lobe Torsion (Lord Lopsley)
Sadly he did not make it :cry:

Here is a link about Liver Lobe Torsion

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/livertorsion.html

Has any treatment been suggested to support Dudley's Liver Function ?

Personally I would seperate him from Moo if she is bullying him. Re-bonding is the last of Dudley's worries just now :cry:

Janex

I'm so sorry Dudley is so unwell & I'm sorry I have no advice with regards to that but I would agree with Jane that keeping your two apart for now while he gets his strength back is the best idea. However long apart they are you will probably have to start again anyway so giving him the rest he needs will benefit him in the long run.

they were my thoughts exactly-my main priority is to focus on his recovery at the moment.mrs harcourt-brown is seing him again on tuesday to discuss where we go from here.we are keeping a very close eye on him(he is a house bun so it's a little easier)we are keeping our fingers crossed that he keeps recovering,as he seems to be regaining his appetite a little and is pooping and drinking.he is still very quiet which is not suprising as he has suffered such a trauma.we are just pampering him,mrs harcourt-brown is going to review his treatment options,but for the moment she wants to focus on his recovery and she is hoping that he will recover from this.however,i do not want to get over optimistic for fear of him going down hill.it is such a worrying time,but i really appreciate being able to talk to you all about it.thankyou very much,i will keep you all up to date.x

they were my thoughts exactly-my main priority is to focus on his recovery at the moment.mrs harcourt-brown is seing him again on tuesday to discuss where we go from here.we are keeping a very close eye on him(he is a house bun so it's a little easier)we are keeping our fingers crossed that he keeps recovering,as he seems to be regaining his appetite a little and is pooping and drinking.he is still very quiet which is not suprising as he has suffered such a trauma.we are just pampering him,mrs harcourt-brown is going to review his treatment options,but for the moment she wants to focus on his recovery and she is hoping that he will recover from this.however,i do not want to get over optimistic for fear of him going down hill.it is such a worrying time,but i really appreciate being able to talk to you all about it.thankyou very much,i will keep you all up to date.x

I have used a *complimentary* treatment of Milk Thistle with Buns with a compromised Liver Function

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/milkthistle/

Perhaps you could ask FHB about this?

Well Dudley has a wonderful Vet so he will get the very best Veterinary care
Please keep us posted as to how he is doing

Janex

Last edited:
Back