• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

more vibes for thumper....back from vets

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
he is back at the vets tonight .

still doing jelly poo s and hes been a bit wobbly since having his GA for his dental . :?

i dont think this cold weather is helping :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Awwwwww Angie I do hope that Thumper will rally
What a shame being indoors stresses him out so much. Might he be better about it now he has a wife :? Unless she too gets distressed by it

Sending tons of vibes for the old man

Janex

Awwwwww Angie I do hope that Thumper will rally
What a shame being indoors stresses him out so much. Might he be better about it now he has a wife :? Unless she too gets distressed by it

Sending tons of vibes for the old man

Janex

No jane i dont think flopsey would be stressed by coming inside but darnt move thumps in incase i make things worse . if i am going to lose him i want him to go in a familiar place where he feels safe.

well we are back from vets ....
his mouth looks like its getting better , the ulcers are going:)
im to carry on with baytril for another week and try to get him to put on some weight:? :?

im just stuck at what to do though .

if i soak his pellets so he eats more he may not go as long between dentals again ....if i dont soak his pellets he ll lose more weight :? :roll:
i cant win .:? :(

No jane i dont think flopsey would be stressed by coming inside but darnt move thumps in incase i make things worse . if i am going to lose him i want him to go in a familiar place where he feels safe.

well we are back from vets ....
his mouth looks like its getting better , the ulcers are going:)
im to carry on with baytril for another week and try to get him to put on some weight:? :?

im just stuck at what to do though .

if i soak his pellets so he eats more he may not go as long between dentals again ....if i dont soak his pellets he ll lose more weight :? :roll:
i cant win .:? :(

Personally at this stage I'd go for soaking his pellets. The mucus in his poo may be due to his guts not having much in them a lot of the time. He will 'feel' better with a full tum. It wont help his teeth but maybe thats not the priority now.........

Janex

Personally at this stage I'd go for soaking his pellets. The mucus in his poo may be due to his guts not having much in them a lot of the time. He will 'feel' better with a full tum. It wont help his teeth but maybe thats not the priority now.........

Janex

thats my thoughts too jane ....but cant help worrying about GA s close together . although to be honest the vet is surprised how quick he comes round from them :roll:

ahhhh bunnies ....what a worry :roll: :roll:

im just going to tuck him up with heat pads and an extra cover over the hutch ....its freezing here tonight :(

thats my thoughts too jane ....but cant help worrying about GA s close together . although to be honest the vet is surprised how quick he comes round from them :roll:

ahhhh bunnies ....what a worry :roll: :roll:

im just going to tuck him up with heat pads and an extra cover over the hutch ....its freezing here tonight :(

Awww well some nice mushy pellets for him to tuck in to will help warm his old bones :D

Janex

I don't see that dry pellets really makes that much difference to how fast their teeth wear. Maybe a bit but getting food in is far more important. What's he like on hay?

Lots of healing pain free vibes for brave little Thumper!! ((hugs)) to you hun. It must be awful seeing your little boy in discomfort. xxx

I don't see that dry pellets really makes that much difference to how fast their teeth wear. Maybe a bit but getting food in is far more important. What's he like on hay?

Thumper has advanced Dental Disease and is 9.5 years old. He cant eat enough hay to keep his guts healthy due to his Dental Disease

Angie how is your very special old man this morning ?

Janex

Hi Jane ,
Thumper seems quite bright this morning . He stuck his head straight in the chopped up veggies to search out the bits of apple :love:

cant see any jelly poo s in the hutch this morning ...agood sign i hope :)

Hi Jane ,
Thumper seems quite bright this morning . He stuck his head straight in the chopped up veggies to search out the bits of apple :love:

cant see any jelly poo s in the hutch this morning ...agood sign i hope :)

Thats good news :D Hopefully having more food in his tum will mean no more mucus in his poo

Janex :wave:

Back